Need help! Anyone familiar with Mach 1000 system?

alan4249

May 11, 2008
California
Hello everyone,

I have an 03' Mach 1 with a mach 1000 system minus the rear portion with the amp rack and 2 10's. But I did just purchased the amp rack and 2 10's, got a good deal. I know there are a lot of people out there that hate on these systems but I just wanted it.

What I am having a problem with is getting some good pictures and/or installation instructions. I tore almost all my interior out looking for the plugs and only found the 4 prong connector that disconnects the passenger side amp. I am just really lost, if anyone has any useful information please help.

• Sponsors (?)

The Mach 1 never came with the Mach 1000 system. It only came equipped with the Mach 460.

Mach 1000 option was only available on 2002-2004 GT premiums and V6 premiums...not the Mach 1 or Cobra.

The subs are not really an add-on to the Mach 460 that you have, you will need to replace the head unit and most of the wiring as well

Well, I just purchased the car 2 months ago, and the guy I bought it from said he had to install the complete stereo system, I believe it included the head unit as well. I remember him telling me that the package tray speakers/setup with the amps was completly missing and thats why he decided to replace the whole system.

The radio itself says mach 1000 right on it though so that's why I went ahead and purchased the additional subs and amp rack.

Are you missing the amp tray that is directly under the rear speakers and rear window? Or are you missing the additional amps and subwoofer tray that goes alone witht he 1000 system?

I was missing the additional amp tray and subs that go in the trunk, but I got them just them other day from a guy in Texas, but cant figure out how to hook them up.

I just need some kind of installation directions on the net.

Also my 04 mach has the mach 460 and that harness for the amps in the rear deck is one whole cable that enter the trunk from the driver side behind the rear seat then it just splits into 2 connectors for both amps...I dont see why the 1000 would be different.Maybe someone hacked up the original harness?:shrug: