Need help ASAP installing BBK 1/5/8 Longtube Headers Please.

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
I am having some issues installing BBK 1/5/8 longtube headers on my 1986 Mustang. After hours of fighting with the old exhaust, I finally got it all off. I took out the starter and took off the motor mount bolts. I have jacked the motor up slightly to get a good idea what I am in for. I did not remove the steering shaft yet, because I have just begun the passenger side. I was looking at the steering shaft and am unsure how to pull it out. There are two 6 point bolts and one multi point bolt. Which ones do I remove? Also, how far up can I jack the motor up without pulling wires out or messing something up? I have jacked up using a tranny jack and I am doing this on a lift with a piece of 4x4 wood on the front sump of the oil pan. Is this the best place to jack? BBK says to put the passenger side in from the top and the driver side from the front. The passenger side has already given me a ton of trouble and it looks like I will have to take the throttle body off, but the instructions do not mention this. I am wondering if I am not jacking far enough. The motor has lifted about ½ an inch past the mount stud. If there is anything you guys can recommend to get this done efficiently, please help as I have to get my car off of my neighbors lift tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)