Need Help Asap !!!!

jamathi

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Chicago,IL
I just finished doing the jerry mod to the transmission. But my gears are in the wrong place when in reverse the caar goes forward same with neutral and the same in D. The Shifter is not moving passed D. Any ideas what it could be? It is 9:40 PM right now. Thank You in advance to anyone that can help.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you didnt get the pin on the rooster comb engaged with the manual valve. I made this same mistake once. Jack the car back up and get it there and fix it. The manual valve is the part of the valve body that is a metal tube that slides back in forth on the edge of the valve body. There should be a groove that the drive pin on the rooster comb spring should engage. The rooster comb is that jagged little half circle looking piece that found inside the transmission valve body/pan compartment but has external attachments for shifter linkage. I wish I had a picture to show you. If you go to www.tccoa.com and check out their transmission articles for the Jerry mod shift kit, there should be a picture for you to look at on there.

If you have any questions, please ask.

I replied my results a while back but for some reason it i did post.

Anyway, that was exactly the problem. I tottall did not realize that I had to get the pin like piece back into the slot. So my car was in like gear the whole trime. Thanks for your reply. I am sure someone else will make this mistake and this thread will help out. Well there was no harm done. Just had to remove evrything and put it back the right way. Man were my arms sore after all this was done.

jamathi said:
I replied my results a while back but for some reason it i did post.

Anyway, that was exactly the problem. I tottall did not realize that I had to get the pin like piece back into the slot. So my car was in like gear the whole trime. Thanks for your reply. I am sure someone else will make this mistake and this thread will help out. Well there was no harm done. Just had to remove evrything and put it back the right way. Man were my arms sore after all this was done.

glad to hear you got it fixed :nice: