• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Need help, brake & wheel upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spyder SC
  • Start date Start date Aug 11, 2005
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Wart

I'm Mad as HELL and I'M not Gonna Take it ANYMORE!
Founding Member
Sep 1, 1998
408
3
58
NE Ohio
Aug 13, 2005
#21
  • Aug 13, 2005
  • #21
Spyder SC said:
Wart - I do have another Itsy bitsy confession, the paint is 1987 Corvette Silver Beige. That photo was taken in the early, early (read that as O dark thirty) morning sun. And, the steering column is Pontiac GTO (1967). Everything else is aftermarket of Ford. I swear it, honest.
Click to expand...


Do you really think this would bother someone who has seen SBCs in about every Ford made? I would go to a show or cruise and there would be a string of T-Buckets, all with the Chevy squirrel cages.

Least you have something somewhat unique.


Thanks all for the input, understanding (about scavenging from the II. I was a dead car by the way, a youth had blown the engine and it was resting in a poor, poor heap just waiting for the wrecker to take it too the scrap yard)
Click to expand...

Let me take a guess, V6 with toasted valve train and the gear broken off the front.

Far as I can figure that's the 2800s most commom death.
 
7

77sleeper

GO BUCS!
Founding Member
Oct 11, 1999
7,266
0
0
Napalm, AZ
Aug 13, 2005
#22
  • Aug 13, 2005
  • #22
Wart said:
Let me take a guess, V6 with toasted valve train and the gear broken off the front.
Click to expand...

nylon cam gear killed my original motor
 

Wart

I'm Mad as HELL and I'M not Gonna Take it ANYMORE!
Founding Member
Sep 1, 1998
408
3
58
NE Ohio
Aug 13, 2005
#23
  • Aug 13, 2005
  • #23
77sleeper said:
nylon cam gear killed my original motor
Click to expand...


I forgot about the nylon gear. Of the four or so V6s I've seen aparently they had allready been replaced.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
486
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
J
Wheels-Tires Need Some Help - Brakes Upgrade/Wheel fitment
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 8, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 3 4 5
Replies
81
Views
3K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 6, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
316
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
G
Auto City Classics 67-70 Mustang disc brake kit question/s
  • GOvert
  • Jun 30, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
104
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 30, 2026
GOvert
G
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
205
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?