Need help car keeps stalling after fog light fix...?

DARCA

Nov 19, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Title pretty much says it all. I did the fog light fix yesterday, and I drove the car fine all the rest of yesterday without any trouble at all. But today, I started up the car and it settled down to idle then stalled right away, I then turn it on and it will kind of pulls at idle between 500-1000 rpms for a few second and then run fine. It will also stall when I push the clutch in and am moving less then 30ish mph, When I am pulling up to stop signs or downshifting.

I followed the exact instructions that were on Corral, except I didn't solder I just crimped with them little connectors. I don't know anything when it comes to wiring so It may be something simple.

I am running the stock alternator, and thought that it might have something to do with that?

• Sponsors (?)

This is another one of those annoying coincidences where you fix one thing and another pops up. They are not likely to be related to each other.

See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems. Everything you need to find and fix idle problems is in there.

The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.