Need help, car wont rev up or drive

trlps_

Feb 25, 2020
Houston
So through a process of elimination im running out of ideas, can finally get my car to idle and stay idling without stalling out or dying but the only problem im having now is that i have little to no acceleration at all, when revving the car up it sounds like it is coughing up/clogged up somewhere and does not sound healthy at all. ive changed out a bunch of different parts and what not throughout the last 2 months and still cant figure out why its sounding clogged/coughing up really bad, anybody have any ideas? thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Changing out a bunch of different parts, you could be introducing other problems. If it's electronic managed, get a code reader on it, start there. If it has a carb, check float level, make sure timing is correct.

Nothing posted says anything worth while that would allow for an educated guess. Changing out a bunch of different parts, hell I change out my clothes, still ugly.

Goos luck ........

Reactions: 1 user
Changing out a bunch of different parts, you could be introducing other problems. If it's electronic managed, get a code reader on it, start there. If it has a carb, check float level, make sure timing is correct.

Nothing posted says anything worth while that would allow for an educated guess. Changing out a bunch of different parts, hell I change out my clothes, still ugly.

Goos luck ........
Lol I know the feeling there but everything aside, it was progressively starting to have this issue. It started by loosing acceleration more and more progressively now it’s close to none, once it got to that point was when I started changing out parts and what not