Need Help... Convertible Top won't move!

Hi everyone,

I have a '96 Mustang GT convertible. It is my first 'vert, and my first SN95 Stang.

Yesterday my convertible top stopped working. It is stuck in the down position, and will not come up with the button.

Is there any way to manually lift the convertible top to close it? Or what can i check to try and get this top to work?

Thanks....
Jeff.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you hear the electric motor turning? If not then your fuse is out. Your servo'motor may be shot or all your hydraulic fluid is leaking from the rams. You may be able to raise the top if you have someone pushing down on the button and you gently pull up on the top.

Does the 1995 Convertible have a "down relay" and an "up relay" back by the power top motor like the 1989 convertible does? A 1992 project car my daughter and WERE going to work on years ago had a problem when I put the top down. It wouldn't go back up. I found the two relays between the top motor and the rear seat. When I swapped them the top would go up and not down. The green-bodied relays looked like the same relay Ford used at that time for the electric fuel pump.