Need help fast! Broke down along road.Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing.

Cobra351

Mar 10, 2004
I installed new heads couple of days ago and car was running great,now I am blowing fuel pump fuses!As soon as i put it in and turn the ignition on it blows.I have an adjustble fuel pump regulator, could i have the pressure set too low or high causing this problem?Fuel pump sounded fine :shrug: I ran a jumper wire across the fuse hole and worked and fired up,but I was afraid to drive it like this.Please help!

• Sponsors (?)

Cobra351 said:
I installed new heads couple of days ago and car was running great,now I am blowing fuel pump fuses!As soon as i put it in and turn the ignition on it blows.I have an adjustble fuel pump regulator, could i have the pressure set too low or high causing this problem?Fuel pump sounded fine :shrug: I ran a jumper wire across the fuse hole and worked and fired up,but I was afraid to drive it like this.Please help!

holy shi*, that sucks. I have no clue, but i hope everything gets better. i think a ground has come off though.

Well I said the hell with it and jumpered the the fuse hole under the the dash for the fuel pump, to get me home.I keep blowing the fuel pump fuse the 20A one under the dash.As soon as i turn the key on it blows.NOW I let the car sit for a while and put a fuse in and the car fired right up. I let it sit there and idle for maybe 2 minutes and it shut down! Fuse was blown again.Only think of is the pump is shorting out or heating up and kicking out and blowing the fuse.Now i was able to drive it about 10 minutes to get it home when i broke down along the road with the jumper wire :shrug: I am not sure what to think.

I wish I could help but, I have experienced sort of the same thing. One day as I made a U-turn the engine died. After researching I found the 20a fuse in the engine compartment blown. I replaced it only to have it blow a day later. It now hasnt done it for a month or so. I went so far as pulling the pump from the tank and checked it on the bench but couldnt find a problem. I now carry an extra fuse around "just in case". Now I looked in my manual and cant find a fuel pump fuse under the dash. So im not sure what fuse you are blowing? :shrug:

I had the same problem with my 95. First time it did it I thought it was the fuel pump, put a new fuel pump in, it work good for about 6 weeks. Then the fuse started to blow again. I work at a Ford Dealer so I had one of my tech look at it. He found that the CCRM was bad it runs a couple things not sure what else. It is the module by the cooling fan it’s on the same pillar that holds the over flow tank. The part # is F6SZ12B577AA cost was about $85.00. It is real easy to put in so save the labor money. That was about a year ago, have not had a problem since. The tech also said that if you wash your motor a lot that you can get some build up on the module. Don’t know if this is the same problem but it is worth looking at.