Need Help Fast Please Wire Came off my Brake Pedal Switch Where does it go?

The Red/Green Wire Came off and I have no clue where it goes to..
Right Now I can Start The Car but cannot get the car out of Park..

This is a Automatic, Attach Pick.. I'm stuck in driveway Help...

brakeswitch.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Glad you got it. It's kind of a funny connector.

Be sure to solder it nicely because that's an important switch.

For future reference and for those who aren't familiar with the work around (in cases as desctribed above or perhaps a blown fuse)
1. Engine off and key removed.
2. Apply parking brake
3 Reinsert the ignition key and turn clockwise to the first position (off)
4. Depress the brake pedal, move the gearshift lever to N and start the engine.

For future reference and for those who aren't familiar with the work around (in cases as desctribed above or perhaps a blown fuse)
2. Apply parking brake

will this work on automatic? or is this only for manual trans..

Hiss, yes I popped off the cover and removed the spade connector and soldiered an addition piece of wire (1.5 to 2") and connected to the wire. Looks like it failed due to shear stress (wire to short) abd age.

Just glad it failed when in my driveway.

2. Apply parking brake

Cool. :nice:

On step 3, turning the key clockwise to the first position would be the run position, would it not?

I remember the older stuff had a button on the side of the console you'd push. Those were the days. :)

Mine doesn't stop there any more either but it's still there. You know you are in that spot when the engine shuts off and you can't remove the key. If you play with it you'll see what I mean.

My lock is worse off than yours. I can remove my key at any time. :D

I know the position though (I constantly use it to unlock the wheel without going KOEO, and it's about where the key stops when you shut an AODE off while it's in drive. :D ).

I'm glad to know the unlock/off position is acknowledged. :nice: I used to refer to it as no-man's land before 'run' and that was confusing.