need help finding info please help!

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
I just got off the phone with a dyno tune shop and the guy told me that I need to change two things before I considered getting my car back on the dyno. The Stater which I know what that is. But the other he called the Modulator I think. He said that it was on the fender well and probably needed to be replaced. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Any pics or info or where I could get one would help me out alot. Is that what it is called a Modulator:shrug: ? I don't know please help my stupidness:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

I can't see what that has to do with a dyno tune, if your car doesn't randomly stall or miss, they should both be working fine. New ones will change nothing for the tune. I'd get on the phone with him again and ask why you should throw money at your car for nothing.

well actually the car has already been dyno tuned but it stills bucks at higher rpms and still has some idle issues. But he just said that it is probably a good time to change this stuff to make sure that these are not causing the problems. Like I said before this is the second dyno tune guy who suggested that I change this stuff.

I'd personally find a new tuner that's competitent. If the car bucks, there's still an issue in the tune not related to the TFI or PIP, unless the car is actually losing spark. If they can't verify you are in fact losing spark, then they're just being lazy about trying to tune a problem out.

the guy who suggested that I change my dizzy and TCI is the new tune guy that I am going to let work on my car. He just suggested this over the phone. He has never seen my car but he said with 160000 miles It would be a good idea to change them.