Need Help Finding Source of Problem

Kevin R.

Jun 3, 2004
Ohio
Thanks to a body shop replacing my core support, I now have numerous problems. Since I do not want them to attempt to fix them because they obviously do not know what they are doing, I need some help.

Here are the symptoms:

-ABS light on
-Air bag light blinks
-A/C blows, but is not cold
-Horn does not work

No fuses are blown. I did find an unconnected ground wire on the bottom side of the core support, at least I assumed it was a ground wire. But, nothing happened when I grounded it.

I am baffled.

If anyone knows the route of any of these problems it would be appreciated.

It could only be something they disconnnected when taking off the core support. I traced the air bag sensors in the front and they seem connected.

Just my luck I guess.:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

The horn is located in the driver side inner fender area, check the wires to make sure it's not disconnected.

Check the ABS module to make sure it's plugged in also. It's located in the front pass side of the engine bay
attachment.php

I'm not sure on the AC issue, but the horn and airbag light make sense. The LH side impact sensor and horn wires are in the same harness, so if it was left disconnected or the wiring is damaged, you'd get the airbag code and no horn.

they probably disconected the a/c condesor when they worked on your car so that probably just needs to be recharged.

the horn is up front as well and it is probably a loose/disconected wire

the abs module I believe is mounted on the core support so check for anything out of the ordinary on that as well. be carefull with the lines though because I hear they are under a lot of pressure.

the airbag sensors are up front as well.

are you sure this was all working after the accident?

Yes everything worked after the accident because I still drove it for about 2 weeks after and it was fine.

Thanks for all the help I will check those things out.

Plus, I got the body work for free now at least.

Okay. The ABS module appears to be connected.

I cannot find any "interruptions" in the LH Impact sensor. It seems to be connected all the way through.

Could they have caused codes that I need to have cleared?

Also, the A/C does just need re-charged.

Thanks for any advice/help.