NEED HELP for NEW MII PROJECT!

1970impala

Please God, somebody find me some WHITE CARGO PANE
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Ok, here is one for the true MII diehards. I am on a collision course for getting another project done. I am looking for one of those Mustang II go- carts that you see occasionally. In fact, a guy at Carlisle this past year had one on a small trailer behind his cobra. Does anyone know the story behind these? When and where were they created? Is there a company that manufactured them? I would like to purchase one from someone. Does anyone out there have one to sell?

Sure would be a nice christmas present. For you and me. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Glenn_MII said:
Impala you're a crazy man!!
You won't have money left to spend on a go-cart once I find you a set of cargo panels!! :D

(sounds like a cool idea though;) )

HEHEHE, You guys are great!

Glenn, when are you going to find the panels, I am still waiting!!!! HEHEHEH :rlaugh:

jydCOBRAII, do you by any chance know what the search codes were that your buddy found his on ebay? damn, wish I knew. I can't get to first base on this project. :Damnit: :nonono:

Hey Gelnn, this is as bad as the &^%$#$# cargo panels.

Why me all the time????? crapola

1970impala said:
jydCOBRAII, do you by any chance know what the search codes were that your buddy found his on ebay? damn, wish I knew. I can't get to first base on this project. :Damnit: :nonono:
I'll talk to him Mondayand see if he remembers........... He is an AMC guy so we will see:D

Impala, I remember that little car from Carlisle. My friend told me that guy had it specially made (he lives by her in NY). If I remember right she said the company who made it has (or had) a basic frame and can make the body however you want. I'll ask her.

As for looking on Ebay, you probably already thought of this but you can try searching under "ride on" and put vintage in there to narrow the search. I just checked and they have several antique ride on cars (and the typical plastic Little Tykes cars) but no Mustangs. One might show up eventually. The other good search code is "pedal car." Lots of old pedal cars came up including a 60s Mustang, but no MII yet.

Here's a cool website that might help too. http://www.pedalcarplus.com/

Good luck! And I'll let you know what my friend says.

jydCOBRAII said:
I'll talk to him Mondayand see if he remembers........... He is an AMC guy so we will see:D

Hey, jydCOBRAII, that would be great! I appreciate any help at all in finding one of these!!!!

I will be waiting for your response if you get ahold of him. Thanks!

Folly77 said:
Impala, I remember that little car from Carlisle. My friend told me that guy had it specially made (he lives by her in NY). If I remember right she said the company who made it has (or had) a basic frame and can make the body however you want. I'll ask her.

As for looking on Ebay, you probably already thought of this but you can try searching under "ride on" and put vintage in there to narrow the search. I just checked and they have several antique ride on cars (and the typical plastic Little Tykes cars) but no Mustangs. One might show up eventually. The other good search code is "pedal car." Lots of old pedal cars came up including a 60s Mustang, but no MII yet.

Good thought. I never used those terms on ebay. I was using vintage, go-cart, mustang, kid. That sort of thing. If you should ever find one of these, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. Tim on here, mentioned to me they were a dealer promo for the 1975 mustang ii, but thats all I know of these. Thanks. :(

Folly77 said:

Hi again Folly77, another question, do you know if that guy with the pedal car won first place at Carlilsle? just curious. Thanks again.

1970impala said:
Hi again Folly77, another question, do you know if that guy with the pedal car won first place at Carlilsle? just curious. Thanks again.

I heard the orange King Cobra won first.

btw, my friend said the guy's go-kart was a vintage one his family found for him. If I run across one on Ebay I'll let you know.