Need help identifing something in fuel system

Blackone51

Oct 30, 2008
I have 1998 get with d1sc procharger, anyone know what the silver disk looking thing is which is hooked to the incoming fuel line? Is it some sort of check valve? If so should I be removing it because I upgraded the fuel system? I'll try to post a pic tomorrow THANKS.

• Sponsors (?)

No that was on the fuel rail when it was stock, this is actually in the line coming in to the fuel rail. I have upgraded everything from regulator to fuel rails with the MMR kit.

Well cant tell don't have guage yet, only one on fuel pressure regulator. I haven't been in boost yet, but it stumbles sometimes at cruising speeds or little throttle but if I let off and give little more pedal it will go away. O and the AFR goes to about 16.0 (Lean) when this happens. The tuner I'm going to was booked till now so should have custom tune in a week or so. I'm hoping it just needs a good tune, as my diablosport tuner only tunes for WOT, not part throttle (tuner said he can unlock that).

Taking it off caused my fuel pressure to lower, it would drop to 15 psi at idle. I thought for a long time it was bad fuel pumps after installing 3 pumps. I decided to put the thing back on. Now my fuel pressure never falls below 30. I think it acts as some kind of inline regulator, I could very well be wrong though. This was on a NA application. It does look like it would restrict the fuel.