Need Help Identifying a Part Please

carhopper

Jul 25, 2010
Dandridge, TN
My son and I are trying to flush out all of the problems with a recently purchased 85 GT CFI/AOD Convertible. Now that I have the vacuum distribution rail fixed and receiving vacuum, I'm troubleshooting all of the processes it controls. One of them is the AC Kicker diaphragm. When AC is running at idle, the kicker tries to engage but can't hold vacuum. I'm trying to identify the official name or part number of the device bacause all I can find is an Idle actuation solenoid and that doesn't resemble the picture. I ordered a haynes manual this weekend as I'm sure I'll have many items like this that I can't identify, but I was hoping to get this on order today. Can anybody help me identify this part and a source? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I finally figured out that it's called a dashpot. They are $132 new, but I found one on ebay for $20 new, but is only part of the assembly. I also bought a Haynes manual, but it's not very useful. Plenty of write ups, but not enough diagrams or pictures to help identify parts.

I received this part today and it works beautifully. There's a slight difference in the bracket, but didn't need modification. Luckily there's quite a bit of adjustment in the bracket that compensated. Saved$110.

D5-144 DASHPOT 80 TO 82 FORD MERCURY LINCOLN NORS
Item# 250175154248 $22.00 USD 1 $22.00 USD
Subtotal $22.00 USD
Shipping and handling $6.55 USD
Insurance - optional $0.00 USD
Tax $0.00 USD
Total $28.55 USD
Payment $28.55 USD