Fox Need help identifying these connections.

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Found these 2 plugs in engine bay, driver side. What are they for? I have a 93 lx coupe.

20180530_195434.jpg

Also noticed there is a gasket? On the transmission, but it doesn't look connected, is this normal?
20180530_211236.jpg

20180530_211249.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The plugs in your hand are the diagnostic plugs. They don't connect to anything under the hood. They are for reading engine trouble codes.

That " gasket " isn't a gasket... it's more of a spacer. It's called the engine block plate. It should have small bolts holding it to the transmission. The bolts aren't really needed. The big bolts that hold the engine and trans together sandwich that plate.

The plugs in your hand are the diagnostic plugs. They don't connect to anything under the hood. They are for reading engine trouble codes.

That " gasket " isn't a gasket... it's more of a spacer. It's called the engine block plate. It should have small bolts holding it to the transmission. The bolts aren't really needed. The big bolts that hold the engine and trans together sandwich that plate.

Thank you! So that gap that I have between the plate and trans is normal? It's not flush to trans

Thank you! So that gap that I have between the plate and trans is normal? It's not flush to trans
That's what the missing bolts are for.
I suggest that you install the bolts since it will help keep road trash and water out of the bellhousing and clutch or torque converter.

Reactions: 1 users