Need help installing brake booster

ttopstang

Sep 6, 2007
Birmingham, AL
I'm in the middle of a rear disc conversion and i have the booster/MC combo out of a 99' mustang and I can't get the booster in. It's a lot bigger than the stock one.

How much do I have to "massage" the shock towers? It's kinda hard to get a good lick on them in the limited space.

Anybody have a pic of theirs installed or how they did it?

• Sponsors (?)

No need to bang. I barely touched mine if any.

Cut down the studs a tiny bit (put the nuts on first so you can clead up the threads, and slot all 4 holes to the pass side. You will need to drill a new hole for the lower hole near the engine as well.

I removed my upper intake to make things easy as well. Valve cover can stay. Basically, come in from the side and use a rubber mallet.

My understanding is that you cannot use 98+ boosters due to the eyehole rod pointing straight out. Will not work with stock fox pedals. I used an 95 booster combo. I enlarged one of the bolt holes. Use ratcheting wrenches to make life easier.

Rick

My understanding is that you cannot use 98+ boosters due to the eyehole rod pointing straight out. Will not work with stock fox pedals. I used an 95 booster combo. I enlarged one of the bolt holes. Use ratcheting wrenches to make life easier.

Rick

It's the 96-98 boosters that have the straight rod. The 99+ have the curved rod just like the 94-95.

They carry the same part numbers too. So you can in fact use a 99-04 booster.

I bought a 96' booster then mustang5l5 told me it wouldnt work and I found a 99'. You can tell the difference with the straight and curved rod at the end.

I just got off work so I'm going to give it another shot.

Thanks mustang5l5, I wouldn't of gotten far on this without your help.