Need help---newbie looking into a nice 66

papashivam

Apr 1, 2006
I've always wanted a Mustang and I finally sold my car this week in order to purchase a great classic mustang. I've run across a few cars and this one in particular catches my eye but I am not sure if it is worth what they are asking so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. In addition what specific things should I look for when I check this car out other than the obious rust, headliner, frame, paint, and normal wear and tear. Thanks for any help in advance.

Here is the Ad...
'66 Black Ford Mustang
Restored-Black on black(new $3k two-stage paint),new interior,302 engine(5 liter w/cast iron heads-rebuilt),five speed transmission(T-5 world class heavy duty tranny-rebuilt),four barrel Holley carburetor(new),MSD electronic ignition,Hurst shifter,Auto-Meter custom guages,disc brakes,8" rear end,Edelbrock "Hookers" dual exhaust,600lb.heavy-duty clutch,new rear leaf springs,headers(sounds awesome),Alpine CD w/6 disc changer,new chrome all around.Over $20k invested(with receipts).Zero rust.This is one sweet Mustang-very powerful(300+horsepower),turns heads everywhere!Asking $13,500.

Attachments

• uupmaoAQQzrEWVgzRt0fllVupjvU.jpg
    uupmaoAQQzrEWVgzRt0fllVupjvU.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 114
  • nqINi0GrsVQXK2QrAgPtcSp4empk.jpg
    nqINi0GrsVQXK2QrAgPtcSp4empk.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Sponsors (?)

Where are you? Sounds like a good car, but for what I can find down here the price is a bit high. I personally don't like the rims or the rake; so I'd be making sure the rest of the mods are tasteful.

On '66 hardtops, a bad trouble spot is right beind the rear quarter windows. Sometimes the metal will start to crack where the B-pillar meets the body.
Also check under the batter tray. And always use the magnet trick. I've seen some amazing stuff done with fiberglass and bondo.