need help on deciding what to do with transmission

PeteyAce

Jul 2, 2004
by summer i should, that is should be running my h/c/i and i know my trans is not gunna last to long i will be able to muster up enough cash this summer to purchase a new one, but im not sure what i should get. i first thought i should rebuild my t-5 since 5 gear is starting to sound like its going ape ****, but i think im just gunna go with a new trans, like i said before im gunna be running my h/c/i with the possibility of seeing a s/c but with 5-6lbs. its really between i guess a hd t-5 or a tko 500, the tko cost around 500 beans more from what ive searched, this car is my dd, so i want a trans i wont always have to gorilla shift and sounds nice and smooth, and shifts just the same, between the 2 what should i go for?

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, if you can afford it, and honestly even if you cant.. Get the TKO. Its going to cost you a bit more, bellhousing, shifter, Drivesahft yolk, all the small parts, but you will not have to buy another tranny... I have been through it, I tell everyone if you have a t5 in your car, Take it out b4 it blows up, while you can still get a couple of dollars 4 it. ;-)

C