Need help picking an amp?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
I have a 98 GT with a kenwood head unit and kenwood rear speakers and front speakers...I ahve a sounstream SPL 10 inch sub in a Q logic sub box the speaker ir rated for 350 rms watts and a max of 700 watts...I have a sony 2channel 250 watt amp briged to one channel so i get the full 250 watts but the amp just doesnt have the power if i go up in volume the amp goes in thermal over load so i need a good either one channel or two channel amp that i can use to power this sub any help would be great thanks...:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Kenwood - X600F

this is the perfect amp for your setup i only run kenwood setups in my cars they are a lil pricey but well worth it. you can turn the sensativity and bass all the way up on the amp and wont have any over heat issues and youll never burn up a kenwood amp

Thanks for the info..I know kenwood makes nice stuff my whole car is kenwood excpet for the sub thats soundstream...The funny thing is my 87 Vert has all alpine and bazooka tubes...lol..

Kenwood - X600F

this is the perfect amp for your setup i only run kenwood setups in my cars they are a lil pricey but well worth it. you can turn the sensativity and bass all the way up on the amp and wont have any over heat issues and youll never burn up a kenwood amp

First the x600F is a 4channel amp? you would use that for you highs not the sub which is the question asked.
If you want to stick with Kenwood amp:notnice: Don't get me wrong Kenwood makes great products but amp line is ? not ther speacialty headunits an highend speakers:nice:
Use the KAC-6104D Sports Series Class D Mono Power Amplifier
Thats a amp you would use on your subs? No prob's:nice:

thanks for the correction on which amp. i had the kac series and loved it. and the sensitivity thing is its own setting you have the bass, gain, sensativity, hertz or something. but all in all kenwood is the way to go in my opnion.

Personally, I'm an alpine guy. Kenwood does make some good stuff, but Alpine has it all right where it needs to be. I currently have 2 12" type R's in a custom ported box mated to the Alpine PDX 1.1000 sitting in my basement because I don't have the $$$ to buy the other stuff needed to keep up with the subs:rolleyes: