need help pickout out mm suspension parts

kalvick

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Norwalk, CT
Hey guys,

i am thinking about getting some suspension work done on my mustang when my tax return comes in.

I am defintely looking at getting the Maximum Motorsports Sport Box kit, except i am gonna get the full length sub frame connectors instead of the default standard subframe connectors. thats all fine and good.

I was also debating finishing my exhaust by getting some shorty headers (i would get long tubes but they are illegal in my area)

if i was to drop the kmember i would want to get a new one. so i was looking at the k-member package MM offers. here comes the problem

The biggest hurdle is that the Tokico HP "Blue" struts included with the Sport Box are not suitable for coilover conversions. You would need to use Tokico D-Spec, Tokico Illumina, Bilstein, or Koni front struts in order to use coilovers that come with the K-Member Package

I am pretty retarted about picking out struts, what should i look at getting. I hear alot of peopel have tokico's but i dont know if thats what i want. Help me out guys.

my car is a street driven 01 mustang gt, and will probably never see a track. I also have to worry about speed bumps and stuff like that so idont want a terriblely low drop, just something lower than stock.

• Sponsors (?)

If its never going to see a track, I'd retain your stock K-member and just do their coilover conversion kit which comes with Bilsteins. You can call them and tell them what you all want to buy from them and they might put a package together for you. Their customer service is the best I have ever delt with.

If you cant run long tubes, just leave your stock manifolds on. This will save you time and money, the shorties might add 5hp...

Yea i know that shortys dont do anything. but the idea was if i swap out the k member then it would be a good time to do anything on the bottom of the engine that the kmember would stop me from doing.

I do like the idea of just getting the coil over kit instead, if i ever do the kmember it will be all ready to go.