need help please!!! out of ideas ...

ok ... just replaced flywheel and starter both on 84 notchback with 5.0 liter... before replacement of flwheel and starter, when i would crank the car the flywheel and starter were contacting eachother like two 50lb. hammers slamming eachother ... ok replaced both and before bolting up trans. we mounted starter to bellhousing and unhooked coil wire... turned over ignition and flwheel and starter contact was smooth, with no noise.. ok put the trans. in and driveshaft and exhaust and plug coil wire up and car makes sound as before just not as bad ... unplug coil wire and engagement is smooth and clean... wtf?? i think has to be a spark/ignition/timing problem .. something in those lines ... p.s. before starter and flywheel were replaced, when car was cranked ran drove fine .. no problems with driveability just crazy noise when starting car ... i need some help i'm out of ideas and figured you guys could help me out .. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Could the solenoid be stuck for a few brief seconds? I say this because the car will jump up in idle and not be powered by the starter but will force it to turn over if it is stuck. This is the only thing stopping when you disconnect the coil (engine running). Can you get a sound clip?