Need help quick, may buy this stang...

Pinball

May 19, 2004
its a 94 gt convert. The main thing that conserned me is that the drivers side window dosent seem to want to roll down. i can hear the motor working but the window just kinda moves around a little. Also, its leaking powersteering fluid. I cant remember the name of the part but its the arm that does the steering on the drivers side thats leaking. I noticed it dripping from there so i pushed the boot back and more came out.... any idea what this could be? Thanks in advance for you help on this matter.

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
The widow can be fixed look at the sticky up top (94/95 FAQ section) they have a rebuiling window motor 'how to' in there. Also it sound like the rack and pinion is leaking. Mine leaks as well discount has them for just over $200 with a $100 core return so you only really pay just over $100 . Good luck.

Core return could be a problem being that im stationed in Bahrain :(

I think you might be talking about the CV boot that goes over the CV joint? On the steering rack underneath the car? The boot it's self shouldn't be too much money to be replaced. Worse case scenario is that sand, dirt, or water might have gotten to the cv joint and damaged it. If that is the case later down the road it isn't too much money to get a steering rack. Maybee $300-$500.

As for your window. It sounds like it's your motor if it won't go down at all. It's not that hard to put a new one in and won't cost that much. Maybee $100 or so for a new motor. I've also dealt with cases where the window tracks have been binded up on something. But you'll usually notice in that case that they will move up or down a little bit of the ways and maybee not align correctly at the top. Something like that might happen if someone tried to break into your car or something. But how you describe it, just sounds like a window motor.

If the price is right go for it. The things you mentioned don't seem too bad.