Need Help Top End Knock

Shawno

Jul 30, 2017
hey guys My 1989 fox has developed a knock which seems to be coming from the top end. It only starts after it's been running for 10-15 min. I've checked the rockers and push rods every thing seems fine there. Just seems weird it only happens after it been running for awhile I figure if it's cam or crank it would happen as soon as it was started. Anyways any help or suggestions would be great

Try this, start the engine and let it idle, when the knock starts pull one plug wire at a time to see if the knock stops. Of course all that may tell you is you possibly have a rod bearing problem.
It could be that bad or as simple as a header gasket leaking, you could also take a long funnel and hold the big end to your ear and point the little end around header flange area and valve cover/lower intake area to isolate the tic/knock, sorry can't tell you anymore than that from a post.

Ok so it seems the knock is coming from cylinder #5. It happens when I rev it up, once I let off it had a knock. It's fine while the rpm climbs but soon as I let off I can hear it for a second or so