Need Help Top End Knock

Shawno

Jul 30, 2017
hey guys My 1989 fox has developed a knock which seems to be coming from the top end. It only starts after it's been running for 10-15 min. I've checked the rockers and push rods every thing seems fine there. Just seems weird it only happens after it been running for awhile I figure if it's cam or crank it would happen as soon as it was started. Anyways any help or suggestions would be great

• Sponsors (?)

Try this, start the engine and let it idle, when the knock starts pull one plug wire at a time to see if the knock stops. Of course all that may tell you is you possibly have a rod bearing problem.
It could be that bad or as simple as a header gasket leaking, you could also take a long funnel and hold the big end to your ear and point the little end around header flange area and valve cover/lower intake area to isolate the tic/knock, sorry can't tell you anymore than that from a post.

Ok so it seems the knock is coming from cylinder #5. It happens when I rev it up, once I let off it had a knock. It's fine while the rpm climbs but soon as I let off I can hear it for a second or so