Need help w/ electric fan & DCC

I just noticed my fan was not working at all and the car started heating up, so I pop the hood and notice the negative wire from the connector to the dcc box is super hot and melted at the connection between the fan pigtail and the dcc. Why is it getting so hot? I have already gone thru all the connections and everything seems to be ok. Would having the yellow wire for ignition source connected to the coil be causing it?

Any input greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I connected everything back up and is now running at optimal speed, no cooling problems like before. I don't think a bad ground is the problem, the ground goes directly to the DCC unit. The wire that really gets hot to the touch is fan connecto ground wire.

Can someone with this same set up Mark VII fan w/DCC control check your ground wire and see how hot it gets after the fan ran for a while? Thanks again.

I'm confused. Was the dedicated ground wire to the contrller getting hot, or was it the ground for the fan?

I totally agree about the connections - it was likely a loose one.

If your fan's ground wire is getting hot, ensure the connections (including to the fan motor) are tight. Ensure you have a large enough wire too.

Glad to hear you got it fixored. :nice:

I'm confused. Was the dedicated ground wire to the contrller getting hot, or was it the ground for the fan?

I totally agree about the connections - it was likely a loose one.

If your fan's ground wire is getting hot, ensure the connections (including to the fan motor) are tight. Ensure you have a large enough wire too.

Glad to hear you got it fixored. :nice:

The ground that comes out from the fan pigtail is the one that you can't even touch for a few seconds that gets hot. And from that wire you connect the ground that goes to the DCC unit wich also gets hot but due to the extreme heat of the fan ground. It seems to be working fine now but still too hot for my piece of mind.

Thanks for your help.