need help with 66 wiper motor/switch

mtaqua

Oct 7, 2006
I installed a generic painless harness. It is more of a race car, when it comes to wiring than street car. It has a a switch panel for everything but the wipers. I saved the wiper switch and motor thinking it would be easier to use it, but I am not sure what to do. I have none of the original wiring and was going to make my own harness. Problem is I am not sure what does what. 1st thing I want to do is test the motor. I attached the ground wire coming off the motor to the neg side of the battery, then proceeded to touch a hot wire to the wires. Just sparks, and no movement from the motor. I am able to move the motor by hand with a little force. Any ideas how to test the motor? Once I get it working I can probably figure out the switch (but I am open to some help with it too). Pics attached.

Andrew

• Sponsors (?)

well I solved the problem making my own harness, using left over wires and about $2 worth of connectors.

The issue was if I bought the harness ($45) and the motor did not work I would have been out $45, or had to buy the more expensive 2 speed motor ($300ish); and if it was the switch would have had to buy one of those, etc. Or I could have ate the cost of the harness, bought the cheaper one speed motor, new switch, and new harness. Either way it would have been more than the $2 it cost me.