Need help with a belt size!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Here even better with measurments
smogdelete__ac_copy.jpg

Attachments

• smogdelete__ac_copy.jpg
    smogdelete__ac_copy.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 48
If I were to do it again I would get the replacement pulley. It was fine before but now that I have the Vortech crank/ cobra waterpump pulley the belt doesnt get enough leverage for the tensioner. Im haveing a real hard time finding the right belt. The oones that do fit, once they get stretched out they arent tight enough and sqeak. Im going to try to buy a idler pulley and sway it with the tensioner pulley like that the tensioner will have more leverage,

BlueOvalStangGT said:
If I were to do it again I would get the replacement pulley. It was fine before but now that I have the Vortech crank/ cobra waterpump pulley the belt doesnt get enough leverage for the tensioner. Im haveing a real hard time finding the right belt. The oones that do fit, once they get stretched out they arent tight enough and sqeak. Im going to try to buy a idler pulley and sway it with the tensioner pulley like that the tensioner will have more leverage,

What's the deal with running a short belt with a SC? I was reading an old thread where FiVeLiTeR said that you can't just run a short belt to bypass the smog pump, and then put a s/c on. I thought s/cs had their own belt independent from the regular belt? What's the deal?

NEVERMIND! Apparently the paint shop pro tryuout crack didnt work cause it now says ive excedded the trial period. Anyways, it has something to do with the tensioner being moved so when you put the belt on, it doenst hacve the leverage to push down on the tensioner to take up the slack. If the smog pump was still there the belt would go all the way to the left (when looking at that pic) instead of straight and then it can get the leverage. Hard to explain.

Right now, it looks like the belt is too big because between the crank pulley and the tensioner pulley you can see slack and the belt looks like its going to fall off the tensioner until i give it a little bit of gas, then it goes back to the right spot on the tensioner. BlueOval, you mentioned something about changing the size of the pulley, if you did, or know what size to get let me know. Thanks for all the help and keep it coming if you can help me out!