Need help with brakes

superstang01

Oct 11, 2006
Kingston, On, Canada
Im looking at these remanufactured PBR mach 1 brakes.

4th and 5th brakes down on the page

04 2004 Ford Mustang Brake Caliper - Brake - PBR, World Brake Resources, A1 Cardone, Centric, Motorcraft, Front Right, Front Left, Rear Left, Rear Right - PartsGeek

Im just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? I need a set of new brakes and i wanna do the 13" brakes for as cheap as i can

Also, where can i buy the brake caliper brackets to mount the mach 1 style calipers onto my gt?

Thanks,
Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

I looked into piecing the Cobra brakes like this as well. From the research I did, it seems that the reman calipers are just as good as new ones.

Also, the brackets are REALLY hard to get ahold of. I only found them at 2 places: the dealership (~$90 PER bracket :eek:), or O'Reilly's. To get them from O'Reilly's, you have to get the ones for the 03-04 Cobra, found here, which will run about $170 for the set. The only thing about these is that they come with "COBRA" written in the side of them, which a lot of GT guys don't like.

How about this kit instead? 1994-04 Mustang Sve 13" Cobra Style Front Brake Kit at LRS - Same Day Shipping!. When you add it all up piecing a kit togeather will come close to if not over the price of the LRS kit. Especially when you consider the kit comes with SS lines by stop tech which BTW makes all the lines for MM. Just for calipers and brackets your looking at $300 so for another 250 you get pads, rotors and SS lines. To me its a no brainer.

I'm so glad I bought my Mach 1 upgrade when I did. BFR sold the kit w/ the calipers, pads, brackets, and brembo rotors for only $250. I bought SS brake lines for another $60 and all in all spent just over $300 for everything. Installed them myself on a Sunday afternoon and I've been loving every minute of it since.