Need Help with CAI/SCT tuner install

white07gt-cs

Dec 20, 2006
I just installed my C&L cai and am preparing to install the tune that I purchase from Brenspeed. The SCT documentation says to remove the fan and fuel pump fuses. Then it goes on to explain the rest of the steps to install the tune. Is this necessary or can the tune be installed without removing the fuses/relays? Everything I've read has never mentioned removing fuses/relays.

Being I've never did this before I don't want to screw it up. I would appreciate any advice from anyone with experience with this procedure. Thanks Rick

• Sponsors (?)

you dont need to remove the fuses, that was for a specific year or two only. the S197s dont need it. go ahead and flash without worrying about it.

Hey man let me know how the CAI and tune feels when you drive it. I will be ordering mine pretty soon for my 07 GT.

Just do it. Trust me. You'll absolutely love it. Granted, you'll have to learn how to driver your car all over again because of the lightyears in difference between stock and a simple tune...(that's not bad either, just have to get used to amazing throttle response)

Hey man let me know how the CAI and tune feels when you drive it. I will be ordering mine pretty soon for my 07 GT.

When I ordered it, it was for the performance enhancement but even more important to me was the improvement in throttle response. As has be lamented on this site before, Ford has made the throttle VERY slow when you let off the petal. It seemed like forever for the rpms to come down when you are just puttering around town. The problem is not really noticable when you are "leaning" on it, just when you're driving slow at low rpms. It's embarassing having to wait 3 or 4 seconds before you can release the clutch into the next gear with either having to slip the clutch slightly or getting the chug, chug, chug caused by mismatched engine rpm to gear/road speed. As I had just gotten out of a Corolla XRS that revved so quick that it didn't seem to even have a flywheel, I was disappointed to say the least that the Mustang had the throttle response of a Peterbuilt at low rpms. I bought the 5 speed to have control over the operation of the car and I didn't realize that I would be fighting the damned computer for control. LOL.

Now for the good news. The throttle response is dramatically better at low rpms. It's still a little sluggish at low rpms but I was told that would be the case going in. Although I was expecting a little quicker response higher up the rpm range, I was blown away at how much better the car drives now. Throttle response is very crisp and seat of the pants feel is awesome. I'm told that it would be better yet with the 93 octane tune but unfortunately it's not readily available in my area.

Bottom line: This is one of the most effective mods I've experienced and would highly recommend it to anyone. Thanks everyone for all the help and thanks to C&L, SCT and Brenspeed for producing a product that works better than advertised. It'll take at least a week to get this stupid grin off my face!

Rick