Need help with Fox TB conversion (check engine light)

Yellow302

Mar 2, 2003
NJ
i did a test with my car by unpluging the egr and caping off everything.

When i started the car the check engine light came on.

I rerouted the vaccume from the back to the FPR. Instead of from the elbow piece.

I want to know what i can do the get rid of the egr but not have the CEL come one.

Help me out today my friend is leaving thats going to help me.

• Sponsors (?)

I just capped the red and green vaccum lines with bolts and electrical tape before I could delete the EGR. Make sure you have all the other vaccum connections connected properly. Keep the actual EGR connected to the harness and tape the EGR "plunger" half way down with some duct tape for the time being.

Jake

GTJake said:
I just capped the red and green vaccum lines with bolts and electrical tape before I could delete the EGR. Make sure you have all the other vaccum connections connected properly. Keep the actual EGR connected to the harness and tape the EGR "plunger" half way down with some duct tape for the time being.

Jake

If you don't cap off the green and red vacuum lines that wouldn't give you a vacuum leak would it?

Well i deleted my EGR. Pushed the EGR plug thing half way and kept the green and red lines uncapped. I get no check engine light but didn't think leaving those lines uncapped wouldn't matter since I think they run just into the fender to the canister or someting.

well that was my test i capped the green one that went to the EGR.

and the egr itself.

I left the red one hooked up to vaccum on the elbow peice.

Let me know if that would cause it.

GTJake said:

Jake

Should i just tie it and let it hang in the engine bay somewhere, till I can get a chip made that has the EGR deleted?