Need Help With Fuel Delivery On Carb'd Foxbody

Ipaman

Sep 6, 2015
I have a 1993 foxbody that was converted to carb by the previous owner. I am in the middle of installing a new engine and I finally need to deal with the fuel delivery.

Currently he has some type of fuel pump set up on a toggle switch. I traced the wire and it goes all the way back to the tank. Nothing external. Then he used all the stock lines and ran it to the engine. In the engine it switches over to rubber fuel lines. There is a T fitting where it goes down to one line. Then it hits a fuel pressure gauge and on to the carb. When it ran before it was around 5-6 psi.

I am confused. How is it running that pressure without a regulator? Should I stick with this set up for now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to fuel systems so please be detailed if you decide to chime in.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1993 foxbody that was converted to carb by the previous owner. I am in the middle of installing a new engine and I finally need to deal with the fuel delivery.

Currently he has some type of fuel pump set up on a toggle switch. I traced the wire and it goes all the way back to the tank. Nothing external. Then he used all the stock lines and ran it to the engine. In the engine it switches over to rubber fuel lines. There is a T fitting where it goes down to one line. Then it hits a fuel pressure gauge and on to the carb. When it ran before it was around 5-6 psi.

I am confused. How is it running that pressure without a regulator? Should I stick with this set up for now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to fuel systems so please be detailed if you decide to chime in.

So, to be clear, it's using the stock in tank pump? That would be kind of odd, but a neat trick with the T if that's really what's going on. I'm about to do something similar for a carb with the stock efi pump, but i was going to use a regulator.

Reactions: 1 user
I ran my stock pump with an aeromotive return style fuel pressure regulator. If it runs 5-6 psi the way it is you should be OK. If it was me I'd drop the tank so that I could see exactly what was done.

Yeah I don't know what pump is n it. I really need to drop the tank and just verify what was done. If I don't it is going to bother me. Especially since everything this guy did was half ass.

I know the feeling...they guy I bought my Vert from had a stereo install shop...guess the car was done before he knew what he was doing because everything was hacked up. He even beat the spare tire well with a sludge hammer to fit two twelves. I ended up tearing everything apart just to find out what he did to it. At the end I had a really nice car that I knew inside and out.