Need help with installation Front leather seats from 1993 Mark VIII into my StangGT

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Need help with installation Front leather seats from 1993 Mark VIII into my Stang GT

I have worn cloth seats in my Stang and I was tryin find cheap Mustang leather seats but everybody wants $400+
So I went to junk yard this morning to see are they get any Mustang with leather seats in last month ,nope they don't have any with leather seats and any from GTs or Cobra's just a few from V6s (not buckle seats ,ugly)
BUT They just get 93 Lincoln Mark VIII (thats one with 4.6 4V like Cobra's)
Anyway that one have nice black leather seats all power driver and passenger side 8 way's ,they cost $50 for front (rear doesn't fit)
But problem is track under seats are about 2" wider than Mustang have ,
So how I can make this works
Here is pics how they looks like

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/358997/13

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you need to fabricate some custom seat brackets.

How do the seats bolt on in our cars. Are there 4 nuts that thread into the bottom of the car?

I would make a simple thick bracket that attaches to both the seat, and the floor. As long as it's thick, it should support you.
Scott

ive been debating on doing this myself...was gonna ask to see if anyone has done a swap like this with any seats from a different car. i can have people weld stuff for me and fab up metal parts so thats not a big deal but i was lookin for a seat that was pretty close to the stang's

Is there anyway to just unbolt the seat brackets from both pairs of seats and just swap them. I guess what I mean is will the bolt holes from the mustang seat brackets line up with the bolt holes for the lincoln seat brackets. (Where they bolt to the bottom of the seat)

horsesnake95 said:
Is there anyway to just unbolt the seat brackets from both pairs of seats and just swap them. I guess what I mean is will the bolt holes from the mustang seat brackets line up with the bolt holes for the lincoln seat brackets. (Where they bolt to the bottom of the seat)

Tosent fit eather , plus this seats are 8way adjustable (driver and passenger side) so why now leave Mark's track alone