need help with mach 460 sound system

x182dan

Feb 27, 2006
My 95GT has the mach 460 system in it. I am assuming its all hooked up like it should be but I could tell you either way. When I got the car the headunit was gone and no music is getting old real fast. There is no cd player in the lower din its just compartment. So I want to put a aftermarket kenwood deck that I have in there. I only noticed two plugs that went to nothing in the opening. One was the one pin terminal that goes to the back of the cd player. The other was only a 6 wire plug. I didn't see any other plugs that were unplugged. Am I missing something because on all my other fords of which had a factory amp had a big plug with 12+ wires in it and I don't see anything like that. I need some help
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

The problem your gonna run into by powering all the stock 460 speakers off your kenwood deck is overpowering the tweeters in the 460 system. Unless you install some bass blockers, those will blow pretty fast. Deciphering the wiring of the 460 system is a headache in itself. If I was you, I would delete the 460 all together, and run new wires to all the speakers. Or better yet replace all the stock speakers and run new wires from your kenwood to them. I guess its just how far you want to go. When I had my 96, half of the 460 system was in the car when I bought it. Rather than me try and put it back together and/or restore it, I just deleted and ran my own sytem.

The problem your gonna run into by powering all the stock 460 speakers off your kenwood deck is overpowering the tweeters in the 460 system. Unless you install some bass blockers, those will blow pretty fast. Deciphering the wiring of the 460 system is a headache in itself. If I was you, I would delete the 460 all together, and run new wires to all the speakers. Or better yet replace all the stock speakers and run new wires from your kenwood to them. I guess its just how far you want to go. When I had my 96, half of the 460 system was in the car when I bought it. Rather than me try and put it back together and/or restore it, I just deleted and ran my own sytem.

can't I run the stock speak wires to the kenwood deck and delete all the amps/subs from the mach460 sound system. My issue with running all new wires is that it seems like that that would take a very long time to get it to look proper. I would just like to use the factory wires if possible.