Need Help With Mustang Just Dieing .

h mabry

Apr 24, 2014
not all the time , but just when ever it feels like it and some times back to back it just drops off. I can just shut the key off and right back on and it starts up like nothing ever happen . Til it feels like doing it again...
WTF ????
its a 91 mustang gt 5.0
5 speed , it came out this way.

NEW parts

its has a new A9L
iag
tpi
tfi
fpr
starter relay
255 lph fuel pump
fuel relay
eec relay
mass air
egr
upper and lower intake gaskets
tappit gaskets

check all the fuse links and fuses
40 pds at fpr

so . got any ideas ????????????????????

• Sponsors (?)

21 - Engine Coolant Temperature, ECT Sensor Out Of Self Test Range. 0.3 volts (250°F) to 3.7 volts (50°F)(O,R)

44 - Secondary Air System Inoperative. bank one, passenger side (R)

34 - EGR Valve Position/Pressure Feedback EGR Voltage Above Closed Limit (O,R), PFE or EVP circuit has intermittently failed above the closed limit of 0.67 volts (M)

13 - RPM Not Within Self Test Lower Limit (R), DC Motor Did Not Move (O,M,R), Idle Speed Control motor or Air Bypass not controlling idle properly -generally idle too high

85 - CANP Circuit Failure (O)

and i forgot , I put new O2 's in yesterday.

I know what it is , just thought it might help . my car stoped doing the test today for some reason , i mean the enj light comes on when i start it but never lights up on the test cycle like it should ... this just started like 15 mins ago .

Not to sound like the grammar nazi, but wtf is it lately with newbs who can't form a sentence or spell? When you do the KOEO test the car needs to be at operating temperature. As Mad said, go back. clear the codes- disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and turn the lights on- then reconnect the battery. Warm the car up then run the tests.

Report back what the results are and be polite and you'll be amazed at the help you will get.

got all new grounds , bat to frame one from passager frame side to enj and one from driver side enj to starter solenoid and frame and one from rear enj to fire wall. O bat is in the rear hatch , it is going to the frame back there also.

got all new grounds , bat to frame one from passager frame side to enj and one from driver side enj to starter solenoid and frame and one from rear enj to fire wall. O bat is in the rear hatch , it is going to the frame back there also.
english_please.gif