Need Help with picking out Exhaust..

05GTDAVE

Dec 16, 2004
hey whats up !! Im looking at getting A new exhaust for my 05 gt mustang .... Anyone know of a good brand and how much they running for ?? Im getting a free air intake from K&N engineering factory.. so i cant wait too see how it will sound with both of these in the car .. Thanks in advance ..

• Sponsors (?)

Just installed today

Just had the magnaflow cat back installed today. I love it. Sounds great. It has a deep resonance. Bit of a gurgle. Not much louder than the stock. Good looking tips.

I have a wave file but cannot attach here.
:notnice:

Attachments

• magna3.jpg
    magna3.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 268
thanks for the info .. im looking for a deep but kinda loud sound exhaust .. and sinnce im new to the mustang world .. im use to motorcycle exhaust which some are pretty loud .. but ill shop around and see what the local shops have ..

What does everyone think about the Billy Boat exhaust? From the clip on their website, it sounds pretty quiet, in my opinion.

What would be one of the loudest catbacks out there, Bassani?

Does anyone have any sound/video clips besides the Magnaflow and Billy Boat?

Thanks

Edit: I just listened to the JBA exhaust. It sounds really nice :D

I went with the JBA axle back kit, can be ordered from www.LMPerformance.com for $329.00 plus $20.00 for shipping. Original price for these is $425.00. They sound great, no performance gains wil be had from any cat back system as we have found out on a dyno. I will be putting on JBA full length headers and h-pipe in 2 weeks. JBA axle back system is pretty loud, loud enough to set off alarms in a parking garage! WOT is awesome though, everyone is talking about my wife's car in town. :rlaugh:

I have seen gains with Magnaflow on the dyno.

Also two members here have dynoed and one got 5 rwhp, and the other got 12 rwhp......

Borla and Bassani are also showing gains as well......

It just seems to be the chambered mufflers that are not gaining or in some cases loosing hp-

The converters are actually not that restrictive on this car........

The stock mufflers flow a lot better though, so in relation on a percentage scale they are more restrictive.....however comparing to a 99-04 converter, they are not any more restrictive.........

If gaining hp is a concern to you, you definitely only want to use something with a straight through design though....

I hope your going for sound because that's all you'll get. This car already has a high flow 2 1/2 inch exhaust, one of the reasons they are putting out the HP they do. The Mach with a full exhaust is lucky to get 15-20RWHP and the GT will be FAR less if any. Spend your money on real HP mods IMO this is a big waste but if your wanting to hear you coming I guess it's a OK mod.

BTW a tune will bring much more RWHP than any exhaust. These cars are running rich and I'd like to see the before and after dynos because they are probally leaning the cars out a little to achive a HP gain. A 13:1 ratio is what your after with your car.

ttown said:
I hope your going for sound because that's all you'll get. This car already has a high flow 2 1/2 inch exhaust, one of the reasons they are putting out the HP they do. The Mach with a full exhaust is lucky to get 15-20RWHP and the GT will be FAR less if any. Spend your money on real HP mods IMO this is a big waste but if your wanting to hear you coming I guess it's a OK mod.

BTW a tune will bring much more RWHP than any exhaust. These cars are running rich and I'd like to see the before and after dynos because they are probally leaning the cars out a little to achive a HP gain. A 13:1 ratio is what your after with your car.

Have you seen some threads or had experience with people leaning them out? You said they are running rich and I was wondering where you got that information. (not flaming ya, I am just curious because I am looking at a tune as well but it's a toss up!) I agree with you on the cat backs. Nominal HP gain. 5-10 rwhp.

Changing the exhaust system on the 05 Mustang is going to be a decision based on sound preference and looks. 0-5 hp is typicall for most cat-backs (chambered or not) on these cars and that can vary depending on the time of day the car was on the dyno. Given the simple design of the exhaust system it would be easy to test all them in a shoot out in a couple hours.