Need help with slicks or radial sizes

evil281

Jan 6, 2008
Arizona
i want to get some slicks or drag radials used, ive been looking on some local forums and other classifieds but i dont know what size fits my 99 gt and if i have 13'' cobra brakes in front what size skinnies? i dont know what backspacing or anything like that, so let me know what you guys are running and what will work

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know the answer to what size skinnies will clear your front brakes, but...

I don't see gears in your sig. Do you have them?

If not, you really don't want to go any larger than a stock sized drag radial, or it will bring your effective gear ratio down and the car will be a slouch off the line.

I ran a 275/70/15 on stock gears and it was horrible off the line. Thats a 28" tire.

With the 4.10's is much more managable.

If you are planning on using a 15" rear wheel as well (a skinny/wide setup) I would suggest a 15x8 wheel and something like a 275/60/15 if you are on stock gears. If you are running 3.73's you may even want to stick to that size. With 4.10's a 275/70/15 will work and give you some extra MPH on the top end IF you want to go with that big of a tire. With your mods you won't need that extra few MPH from a larger sized tire.

no i dont have gears, im kinda afraid to mess with rear end cause my friends had a load of problems with his, he paid lots of money cause gear install is not cheap. i guess maybe i should look into it, i would get 3.73s if anything never 4.10s