Need help with this new exhaust system ^^

One2One

Jul 14, 2009
Hinesville ga
Im about to order this parts but before i do it i want to be sure i have everything set correctly, so i have a few questions:

1) All this parts are going to asemble correctly?

2) Am i missing anything? i have the longtube headers, Shorty X pipe, and SLP Loudmouth

3) Will i have to returned my car after i install those parts?

4) How much will it cost me to install them?

Thanks.

1.- SLP Mustang Loudmouth Axle-Back Exhaust (05-10 GT)

2.- SLP Mustang Shorty Catted X-Pipe (05-09 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

3.- Mustang SLP Coated Long Tube Headers - (05-10 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

PS: Is for a 2005 mustang gt.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah loudmouths are basically straight pipes, they're muffler deletes. That paired with the longtubes is gonna make for a VERY loud system. I'm not sure what you mean by the third question.

By the third question I think he meant to ask if he will require a retune for the new parts.

One2One, I would try the long tubes and X pipe with the stock mufflers first to see if you like it, then if you still think you need to go louder, then order the loudmouths. The stock mufflers don't flow bad at all and it should sound pretty good.

I agree with Nasty Stang, L/T and SLP will sound like crap. An X pipe will make it sound even worse. There are a few other options. Keep the L/T and X and get stingers, bassani race or maganapacks; drop the x and buy an H pipe and get the fore-mentioned axlebacks or get a chambered design. If you want the SLP loudmouths, drop the L/T and X and just get the SLP LM, as they sound best with the stock headers and stock H pipe.

Yes, you will need to tune for the long tube headers.

I currently have the SLP Loudmouths with everything else stock, and I love them, but they are a tad too quiet for me. My plan is to go with long tube headers and an O/R X or H pipe, then do a mid muffler system or resonators.