Progress Thread Need help

rockyracoon

10 Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
margate NJ
So I just traded my 88 LX for 96 GT that is completely diisassembled. I just picked up a PI intake but I have a few questions.
The PI intake has what looks like coolant lines coming off of the crossover.
also im loading a picture of some type of sensor that I have no idea where it bolts to.
Is there any type of reference of the under hood routing of all the electrical connectors and vacuum hose routing ?
thanks for any help and happy thanksgiving!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20221124_072850.jpg
    IMG_20221124_072850.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20221124_071845.jpg
    IMG_20221124_071845.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20221124_071804.jpg
    IMG_20221124_071804.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Sponsors (?)

Emissions vacuum hose routing decal....

An EVTM manual is really what you need....

Reactions: 1 user
The "sensor" pictured, is not a sensor. The red vacuum line going to it is source, or manifold vacuum. The green vacuum line is probably going to the EGR valve. The "sensor" is just an electrical switch that allow vacuum to go from the red line to the green line, and then when switched off, it dumps the vacuum out of the green line, thus the round "cap" which just has foam under it to quiet the vacuum dump and to prevent dirt from getting into the system.
As stated above, you should really invest in a EVTM for that vehicle. It will make your project so much easier.
That switch can be mounted anywhere as long as the electrical harness and the vacuum lines will reach it.

Reactions: 1 user
The "sensor" pictured, is not a sensor. The red vacuum line going to it is source, or manifold vacuum. The green vacuum line is probably going to the EGR valve. The "sensor" is just an electrical switch that allow vacuum to go from the red line to the green line, and then when switched off, it dumps the vacuum out of the green line, thus the round "cap" which just has foam under it to quiet the vacuum dump and to prevent dirt from getting into the system.
As stated above, you should really invest in a EVTM for that vehicle. It will make your project so much easier.
That switch can be mounted anywhere as long as the electrical harness and the vacuum lines will reach it.
Oh ok thanks. do you have any idea what I should do with that second smaller coolant hose coming off of the crossover of the pi intake pictured. That intake was off of a mountaineer around a 2002.

Look closely at the coolant ports. The NPI and PI ports are different and you will not get a good seal. There is a coolant pipe that runs in the valley where the intake runners fit that is different. The mount for the alternator is different as well. An NPI to PI intake swap isn't a straight forward upgrade.