Need Longtube Suggestions

I am also dealing with a set of RCI headers. Biggest mistake I made with my build was buying these things. The welds are ugly, they don’t fit at all, and when I tried Them on a bone stock 1969 mustang they wouldn’t fit on it either without hitting the frame. Not to mention the collector on the passenger would point towards the drivers side rear tire if they did fit properly. And I was Told that the headers are right, it’s the car that’s the problem. So I guess Both my car and my buddies stock 351w 1969 mustang are built wrong compared to all other mustangs. Lol

Thanks for the heads up.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

I figured Since I pulled Them out I should Show just how bad the collector is. 12 degrees to center from the flange angle. You can see that the passenger side collector angles more to the drivers side than the drivers side does.
49E11F9F-EC19-4626-8B52-32BB97F43157.jpeg
95CF3B6E-CE4C-45AF-8522-6646B9ED230D.jpeg

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I can appreciate the 'heads up' on your dissatisfaction with RCI but there is no need to beat it into oblivion.
I'm sure there are many satisfied customers and some, like you, that are not.
Move on to showing us your car and the work you are doing to it.

I have Been told that since I have Voiced my complaints on this thread concerning RCI Headers, I couldnt Post a photo of the headers they sent me on one of the numerous posts by Geoklass that he has used to peddle RCI Headers on this forum. That is why I am Putting these on here as the last ones I will Post on the subject. Maybe someone could explain to me exactly why he is allowed to post photos and advertise on here but no one can call him out on the poor craftsmanship of their products on his advertisement threads?
E7108132-EF4F-4C86-B893-D7C8448C1B0D.jpeg

55D63316-A478-4137-BEAC-10A4C790BABC.jpeg

images.jpg
s-l300.jpg

The transmission cross member on the left is for a FOX chassis Mustang. The one on the right is for a 1970 Mustang. Notice how much narrower the one for the early car is. The exhaust system from the collectors back toward the mufflers have to fit under the bridges on the cross members, or else the exhaust system is going to hang down under the car. And unless the vehicle has a narrow transmission (like a manual trans or a C-4) the headers have to clear the trans body and then curve in and aim toward the bridge in the cross member or the muffler shop is going to have a hard time lining everything up. This complainer's car is a 1970 Mustang with a C-6 transmission, which is very wide compared to the C-4. There is a little more room on the drivers side but it's very tight on the passenger side. One more thing, since headers bolt to the engine, it's extremely important that the engine is located in the stock location and that the engine mounts are the stock height. If you notice in the photo he posted, the headers are not bolted to the cylinder head. He apparently can't bolt them up since the front end of his car has been modified to use a Mustang II front end and the motor mounts are as far from stock as it is possible to be. In the photo he posted, you can see where the Mustang II front end overlaps the stock Mustang subframe and is welded on. Note the welds there, and he complains about the welds on the headers. Even though there is nothing wrong with the headers, RCI told him that if he could mark the headers where the goofy motor mounts hit them, we would attempt to modify them for him at no charge, but he is too cheap to pay for shipping back to our shop. We are done with this guy...

I have Been told that since I have Voiced my complaints on this thread concerning RCI Headers, I couldnt Post a photo of the headers they sent me on one of the numerous posts by Geoklass that he has used to peddle RCI Headers on this forum.

Who told you this?

I will tell you straight up: You've made your concerns known. Nobody has taken down any posts containing those concerns that I am aware of and nobody has rebutted your claims that I am aware of.

What I won't permit is that you run to every post made in this forum by another member and post the same image and complaint over and over. I have no use for that kind of content.

Your concerns are noted in a couple of threads (as told to me by staff) and debate can be had in those threads.

To try and make it seem to others that you're being censored here is ridiculous. He doesn't pay to advertise here and we have no interest in his cause any more than we do in yours.

Were it me, I would have created my own thread in order to debate the quality of Product X and in that thread: Brought up all of my concerns about fitment and quality for the product I had purchased.

Last edited:
Who told you this?

I will tell you straight up: You've made your concerns known. Nobody has taken down any posts containing those concerns that I am aware of and nobody has rebutted your claims that I am aware of.

What I won't permit is that you run to every post made in this forum by another member and post the same image and complaint over and over. I have no use for that kind of content.

Your concerns are noted in a couple of threads (as told to me by staff) and debate can be had in those threads.

To try and make it seem to others that you're being censored here is ridiculous. He doesn't pay to advertise here and we have no interest in his cause any more than we do in yours.

Were it me, I would have created my own thread in order to debate the quality of Product X and in that thread: Brought up all of my concerns about fitment and quality for the product I had purchased.
But I do pay to advertise here, every month.

Although I have never complained about anyone that might have a complaint about our product, I do take offense when someone tries to make a career out of it, especially when most of what he complains about is untrue.

But I do pay to advertise here, every month.

Although I have never complained about anyone that might have a complaint about our product, I do take offense when someone tries to make a career out of it, especially when most of what he complains about is untrue.

Good, then you guys duke it out.

Someone call me when the hair pulling and name calling begins and I'll shut it all down before returning to my nap.

Lmfao. My photos speak for themselves. So if You want to argue about the headers then go ahead. We can keep it to them hitting the frame which prevents them from mounting to the heads, and the obvious collector where it is angled in so far you can see it with the naked eye. How’s that?