Need Longtube Suggestions

George,
I am Not a welder by trade. I own a security consulting business because that is where I am a subject matter expert. That is what my company charges for. To help make businesses and facilities more secure. If I was a welder by trade (I do Believe you told me how your welder was a certified aircraft welder) my welds would probably be pretty and strong instead of just strong.
Now for where the headers hit the frame, that’s behind where the Heidts kit is welded to the frame. So it does not effect the headers at all. What does effect them is that your “professional” welder screwed up.
As far as the transmission crossmember, pretty sure you can’t see the crossmember in any of my photos. Guess you must have ESP? But I guess The collector being welded at a screwed up angle, which was once again done by your “professional” welder in one of RCI’s foolproof jig.

Now to be honest I am tired of you. If you would like to keep going we can do a thread specifically about RCI, the quality of your headers, the quality control process that is used, and why RCI expects people to pay for all shipping when the product they “custom built” is not built well. In that case I will Put all the photos there, I will also post photos of the new headers when they are done side by side with RCI’s headers and people can compare the quality of each.

And that’s really all I have to say.

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, Raymond, this will be my last post too. As you stated, you are NOT a welder. We feel that customers want a header that will never come apart and never leak, and still not break the bank in cost. Because we use heavy wall tubing, additional heat is required for deep penetration, so yes, the welding is not as "pretty" as if we used TIG welding. But TIG welding takes much more time to do, and time is money. We do offer "pretty welding" (it's listed in Optional Components on the site) but the customer gets charged $249 more for the same header, and almost no one asks for it. A $650 header would now cost the customer $900, and it makes no additional horsepower and won't last any longer. Take a look at the photo you posted showing where the Heidts Mustang II Kit welds on to the OEM sub-frame. That is not a "pretty weld" but it's not going to come apart there either. I think that whoever did that welding job did it right. I looked on the Summit Racing website for long tube headers on a Mustang. My friend George Kook is charging a minimum of $1,100, and up to $1,700 for them. That is double for what we charge for pretty much the same header. Personally, I appreciate parts that look nice, but I would not pay double the price for "cosmetics". We have customers that have driven their cars with our headers for 12 to 15 years, and nothing has fallen apart and nothing has ever leaked, and that is what we are striving for. Anyway, over and out...

I appreciate the compliment on my welding. Like I said, I dont do that for a living.
I am going to start a thread specifically about my issues with the heads I got. I am not gonna focus on anything that is Heidts kit specific. I am Gonna focus on the fitment issues and the collector issues. I will specifically address how someone who wants to return a set of headers from RCI which has these specific issues is expected to pay for the return shipping. And how they are not being reimbursed for EVERYTHING they have already paid. I won’t even go into the look of the welds.

IMG_0550.jpg

Someone sent me this photo the other day, an early Mustang with Long Tube Headers (I think the guy that sent the photo said they were Doug's Headers). Anyway, we had this discussion about how one guy complained that the collectors did not go "straight back". I tried to explain to the guy why that was true for long tube headers on an early Mustang, like the one in the photo. You can see in this photo how the transmission cross member is not very wide, and the space (the double humps) allocated for the exhaust system is near the center of the car. You can also see in this photo how wide the actual header primaries are in front of the transmission and how both the primary tubes and the collectors are canted in toward the "humps" in the cross member. If the collectors ran straight back, the exhaust would run almost next to and parallel to the sub-frame rails, and hang down much lower to the ground. The trans on this Mustang looks like a manual transmission. Manual transmissions (the Top Loader or the aftermarket 5 and 6 speeds) are quite narrow, as is the C-4 automatic, but the C-6 or the AOD are very wide. The wider the trans, the more the collectors have to aim in, especially the collector on the passenger side.

Seriously? Dude, I am So done with arguing over this. Here is a little information for you. The end of the collector would hit the transmission pan if the header would mount to the heads and clear the frame.
Now do us all a favor and go the hell away. Jesus Christ you really don’t know when to stop do you? You insulted me and the local fabricator. Christ, if you were local I would have already stomped your rear, your age wouldn’t have mattered. Just grow up and leave it alone.

Seriously? Dude, I am So done with arguing over this. Here is a little information for you. The end of the collector would hit the transmission pan if the header would mount to the heads and clear the frame.
Now do us all a favor and go the hell away. Jesus Christ you really don’t know when to stop do you? You insulted me and the local fabricator. Christ, if you were local I would have already stomped your rear, your age wouldn’t have mattered. Just grow up and leave it alone.

I'm sorry, but the fact is, you are 100% wrong on this. Almost every aftermarket header I have seen for a Mustang does not have collectors that are at symetrical angles. The quality would be more suspicious if both sides looked the same. The header is pointed to fit, and the fit from the driver's side to the passenger side is going to be different. Geoklass made it very clear why that header is at that angle. There is no possible way for someone to make a header that fits with every combination of aftermarket parts.

Kurt

I'm sorry, but the fact is, you are 100% wrong on this. Almost every aftermarket header I have seen for a Mustang does not have collectors that are at symetrical angles. The quality would be more suspicious if both sides looked the same. The header is pointed to fit, and the fit from the driver's side to the passenger side is going to be different. Geoklass made it very clear why that header is at that angle. There is no possible way for someone to make a header that fits with every combination of aftermarket parts.

Kurt
Did not say that. But telling my how it’s normal for a collector to be positioned that way is ridiculous. It should not be almost hitting the transmission pan because it is angled that way. And the header should not be hitting the damn frame either. Bottom line is the headers are not high quality. Hell, the true bottom line is that the old man should learn to let it go. I was Done with this nonsense. Now he throws out another “reason” why it’s not the quality of RCI, it’s someone else’s fault. And you leap on the bandwagon. Almost like you know him. Or work for him. Or some other damn reason.
When he was with Accufab it was the same crap. Yes, I did My research after this started. Always with excuses. And then he tries to attack their intelligence or ability. Dude needs to learn to admit they made a mistake and be a man.

@Saberdemon
STOP ALREADY!!!!!!
All he did was show a pic of a car with headers installed and pointed out some things.
You start trip'n and calling him names and 'I would have stomped his rear'.
THIS AIN'T F'N FACEBOOK!!!
Seems like you are the one that will not leave it alone.

You of course leap to his defense. So me having stopped talking about this whole thing means nothing right? It was done.
Now I figure That he must be pretty important to this site. Anyone who looks at this whole mess can see that there are some pretty obvious double standards here. With that being said, I am finished with this crap.

You of course leap to his defense. So me having stopped talking about this whole thing means nothing right? It was done.
Now I figure That he must be pretty important to this site. Anyone who looks at this whole mess can see that there are some pretty obvious double standards here. With that being said, I am finished with this crap.
I can't speak for the other moderators here but I don't put up with the childish name calling and the threats of violence.
When you say 'I am finished with this crap' does that mean this subject is closed on your part or you are resigning your membership?

Seriously? Dude, I am So done with arguing over this.

That would be wise because well... He's right.

What's worse is that he's gone over it in detail and provided words and images in order to help others understand. In addition:

Kurt

This is also correct. I'm no exhaust system subject matter expert but it took me less than 2 minutes to lookup and validate.

I'm pretty certain that this thread has served its purpose and then some so..... I think we're done here.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user