Need more help with the list, getting to part #'s now.

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Ok, summing it up briefly again:

What I have
- Ported GT40 irons
- Explorer intake (ported eventually)
- Cam

What I'm planning to order this week or next:
- Headers - Summit # BBK-1525
- Crane Energizer 1.7 RR's - Summit # CRN-44746-16
- Head bolts - Summit # ARP-154-3601 or 3605 or 3705 ??? :shrug: Not sure which to get
- Edelbrock timing chain/sprocket Kit - Summit # EDL-7811
- Trick Flow gasket set - Summit # TFS-51400914 (has everything $116)
- Timing cover/water pump bolt kit - Summit # ARP-154-1504
- Distributor clamp stud - Summit # ARP-150-1701
- ARP Cam bolts maybe?
- Valve covers? I'm gonna try to get the stock ones to work.
- Fluids

And now I honestly can't think of anything else. Let me know what I should add. All other mods are gonna be put off untill later (TB, maf, pulleys, etc . . .). Thanks :nice: I can't wait to get some decent power. I'd like this to get me into 13's but we shall see.

Editing per people's responses:
- Delete timing/water pump bolt kit
- Add Cam bolt kit - Summit # ARP-154-1001

What I'm thinking of getting
- Lower manifold studs
- New lifters
- new pushrods

• Sponsors (?)

Unless the arp water pump/timing cover kit is a 94/95 kit it wont work. My arp complete engine kit bolts did not work for me. might as well get the cam bolt while your at it.

your valve covers should work. Worst case you can tap out the middle with a ball ping hammer and us the thicker gaskets.

When you say cam bolt, do you mean the bolt kit or the huge bolt to use as a handle for installation? I think the kit only has one bolt, wouldn't I need 3? Wait EDIT: I'm retarded, the cam is keyed isn't it.

I would get some ARP Lower Intake Manifold Studs. It makes install a million times easier. Cause you can slide the gaskets down them then lay your bead of silicone, then just slide the lower down the studs, things line up perfectly much easier than using bolts.

I was thinking the stock pushrods would be ok with the GT40's and pedistal rockers. I also thought of ordering new lifters too. I might order them, I'll put that on the (I'm thinking of it list) Keep them comming! Thanks!

Zero Signal said:
I will think about those lower manifold studs. They are pretty expensive and we use generic studs to install it anyway, then pull them as we bolt it down.

Yup, I love my ideas.....:)

But yeah, your timing cover is different and might not work. Make sure through summit. Worst case scenario we clean the threads and reuse the stock bolts. No problem doing that, they are pretty good bolts. Or get brand new ones at merles..
scott