need new springs to raise my car because it’s too low

need new springs to raise my car because it’s too low I bought it this way, it’s like driving a log wagon. the two short front frame rails are damaged i think from a jack stand from the previous owner. i want to get subframe connectors The question is, do I get new springs first or do i need to fix the frame rails first? it's an 89 mustang i want Eibach Pro-Kit and i have no idea what springs are on there now.

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I used 95 rear springs on my 87. they fit fine and did raise the car. I wasn't looking to raise the car I had a weak spring (turns out it was a front) I was installing control arms anyway and had a set of 95 springs. So I gave them a try. It wasn't jacked up in the rear like we used to do in the 80's but it was higher than the 87 springs. there could also be lowering springs in your car and you just need a set of stock springs.

I think the fox bodies look cool lowered , with wheel spacers so the tires stick about 4 inches out of the wheel well. If you install a Ferrari body kit that really sets it off...... Just Kidding. I think I threw up a little just picturing that in my head. The sad thing is , this is exactly the Mustang I have seen

What size tires, and MAKE tires do you have on the car now?
Do you know the rim width? Take a pic, they are likely a standard rim.

Now, get on a flat and level surface, check the air pressure air all of the tires, and
Measure and report ALL four fender heights.

Then, we can go from there.

Do you want better handling? A little lower (my suggestion)? Best ride comfort with handling (stock GT). Best ride comfort period (4 cyl springs)

My sugggestion is to go with Mach1 or Bullitt springs since they are the ONLY SPRINGS SPECIFICALLY FOR A MUSTANG! (not counting the very stiff Cobra 95 R springs).

Otherwise, you're likely getting some hack ***** job by an aftermarket company that just want to sell CR*P! The exception is MM (Max Motorsports). But, IMHO, their springs are NOT designed for otherwise stock mustangs (FCA , LCA, stock rear suspension, etc).

It is possible to go with stiffer springs (like the Mach1) and still have close to stock fender height (~~27.25 to 27.5").

For a very ROUGH estimate of spring drop, see:
Coil Spring Tech

Note: From what people have actually seen, there is very little drop difference between an sn95 and Fox. Figure more like ~~0.1" more of a drop of on a fox. There are many issues with measuring drop. And, 99.99% of the people don't do it correctly. So, be super careful about going by any BS you read in the forums and on web site.

FWIW: My car:
Mustang 86 - Mach1 Springs

And, yes, also on my car, sn95 GT springs also resulted in near stock Fox GT height. I tried just under a dozen combos of springs, FCA, etc until I settled on my current setup.

Hay thanks again. here are my tire sizes and pics:

front: Capital Sport UHP 245/45zr17 99w Xl

rear: Firestone Wide Oval p255/45r17 92w

all four tires are 1 yr old. the rims are from a stock 96 mustang.

now the height from the floor to the lip of the fender. all four are different:

front drivers 24"
front pass. 25"
rear drivers 26-1/4"
rear pass. 25-1/4"

i do not know what springs are on there now. i bought it like this. as you can tell the car sits twisted. i don't know if changing the springs will fix this. the shocks are 2yrs old KYB kit from LRS. i want the car lowered just not so low.

the car also has damage to the two front frame rails from the previous owner i think from a jack stand. but i'm not sure if this is causing the car to twist.

WP_000250.jpg

WP_000249.jpg

WP_000248.jpg

View attachment 191194

View attachment 191195

I wouldn't worry all that much about the bent up parts of the frame rails.
First off, you aren't the first guy to do it, second of all it will probably cost a ton to fix it, likely more than you are willing to invest, so imo, just deal with it.

If you use full length subframe connectors, they should touch the part of the frame that isn't bent.

The eibach pro lowering kit is pretty good, use energy suspension isolators all the way around with it and it should bring your car up quite a bit, but still give a good lowered look, decent ride and good handling.

Thank you guys very much. i will get some mach-1's plus the spring isolators. i do have to fix the frame though because i want sub-frames. i have measured the damaged parts of the frame rails against the full length sub's and i doesn't clear the damage.