Need opinions on door panel problems

1fastsn95

Apr 22, 2005
Carthage, tn
Ok I just bought a full black interior for my 87. The problem lies within the door panels. My car has manual roll downs and locks. The black door panels are for electric. Should I :
(A) Sell them and try to find ones for manual?
(B) Find manual door handles and drill a hole for the knob?
(C) Convert my car to electric? (manual seems to be more rare, less weight too!)
(D) sell the black ones and just dye mine? (I could use the money elsewhere!)
:shrug:
Lemme know what you guys would do!

• Sponsors (?)

Finding manual black door panels is tough, but I do see them on Ebay a few times a month. Some are in better shape than others.

Power black door panels are gold if you can find nice ones.

I got oubid on the last two sets on Ebay....I bid 275...and got outbid....plugs 40 shipping.

Finding manual black door panels is tough, but I do see them on Ebay a few times a month. Some are in better shape than others.

Power black door panels are gold if you can find nice ones.

I got oubid on the last two sets on Ebay....I bid 275...and got outbid....plugs 40 shipping.

yeh I was looking for some manual door panels but wasnt having any luck. But, If I could get $275 or more plus another $40 for shipping, someone else might own them!! The ones I bought are in GREAT shape. Thats why Im not reay to go poking a hole in it for the window crank just yet...

How do I set up a poll??

A.) Sell em and find manual ones.

I'm not a fan of dyed interior components. I know some guys here have done it right, but ive sat in a few cars witn the interiors dyed wrong and it looked like total crap.

I'd rather spend the $$ and get OEM black parts.

Sell your panels, use a lot of good pics and you'll get a nice bidding war on ebay for them.

I was in the same boat when I got my 90 black interior. It was such a good deal, I ended up getting all the power stuff for my car and I swapped it over. Now, with my AC out, I use the power windows all the time! LOL!

DON"T even think about cutting a hole in them. The armrests are different and a manual one won't match up with the holes in a power panel, and the power armrest is longer and will not let you roll down a manual crank window. Ask MM&FF, they trashed a mint set of black power panels cutting the crank hole in them before thinking! LOL!

If you don't want power doors, sell them and get your existing ones recovered in black, or try the 5.0 resto repro door panels. Good luck finding them on ebay.