Need Price Advice B4 Purchase

• Sponsors (?)

Need way more info. How is the paint? How are the torque boxes? How about the strut towers? Does the top work well? Personally, I'm not interested in a supercharger or heavily modded 5.0. These types of things just tends to complicate driveability / reliability. That being said, if everything checks out, I wouldn't pay over $6,000 for it.

@Noobz347 take a look at that Kenne Bell sc.

I'm clueless myself on the value.

Did you get to drive it?

Look at the torque boxes to see how they look. What does the rest of the suspension look like? New control arms? Front suspension modifications? It looks like it's been lowered a little bit.

New exhaust?

It looks nice in the pictures, but pictures can be deceiving. Any rust, like on the floor pan?

Other than the sc, what engine modifications?

It's got all sorts of gauges. Does that mean he has put in wide band oxygen sensors? What do they all hook up to?

Find out about all of the modifications. He probably spent more than he'll ever sell it for. The eternal way of the fox.

Reactions: 1 user
@Noobz347 take a look at that Kenne Bell sc.

I'm clueless myself on the value.

Did you get to drive it?

Look at the torque boxes to see how they look. What does the rest of the suspension look like? New control arms? Front suspension modifications? It looks like it's been lowered a little bit.

New exhaust?

It looks nice in the pictures, but pictures can be deceiving. Any rust, like on the floor pan?

Other than the sc, what engine modifications?

It's got all sorts of gauges. Does that mean he has put in wide band oxygen sensors? What do they all hook up to?

Find out about all of the modifications. He probably spent more than he'll ever sell it for. The eternal way of the fox.

Thanks for giving me more questions to ask. So far: Haven't driven it yet. Has new ceramic headers and exhaust. The heads are aluminum and were installed with the SC but he wasn't sure of the details. No K-member but the bushings/ball joints are new. Has upgraded rear suspension but no details. 74yo man has it and said he had $20k in it.

I don't see $20k worth of mods.

$2k for the used 1.7 liter KB blower system (nearly $4k new)
It "looks" like a kit install so probably running 19 lb injectors and an FMU.
There hasn't been much in the suspension mods since the OEM caster/camber plates are still present. Have to assume that the fuel pump was upgraded.

It looks like a solid installation but I still don't see anything near $20k of mods there. Wheels look like 4-lug too. Hard to tell from that pic.

Looks like a very clean car from those pictures. I would offer 7-8k if it's as nice as it looks. The blower etc isn't worth much...a super clean 93 vert with 71k miles...is usually a 7k buy around here. If it doesn't meet the "as nice as it looks" criteria I'd offer an appropriately lower price.

It's a nice car with low miles.
The supercharger while nice to already have, I wouldn't take that into account.
It could be a blessing or a nightmare.
The tremec is the real bonus imo.

Not sure where you are (it does matter for value) In NJ, I wouldn't doubt that was a $7500-$8500 car maybe even more to the right guy.

And if you plan on using it as a daily driver (didn't see if you said what you were using it for), that's probably not a great idea. That much low end is never good for traction on cold or even worse wet pavement.

I love verts and the pics of that car are very nice . The interior looks great, the body and top in good shape, and the KB blower are very hard to come by these days.

Here are cost of the mods without the cost of labor- ( add another $2-$3000 for labor)
  • $4k for the KB blower
  • if redid the seats $750-$1000
  • If he repainted the car can be anywhere from $1000 to $5000 depending on the quality
  • New top $500-$1000
  • Tremec trans $2000
  • Clutch, pressure plate, cable, quadrant $500
  • shifter $150
  • 3G alternator $250
  • Looks like a fluidyne aluminum radiator $400
  • new rims and tires $1000
  • Gauges $300
  • Add another $1000 so for "everything else like hoses, belts tune up parts, interior parts, new headlights

That is an easy $10-$12000 there

We dont know if he upgraded the injectors, fuel pump, radiator, or anything else engine related. Also, ask if he updgraded the suspension- shocks, springs, control arms, subframe connectors... Did he install gears, alum driveshaft? Are the brakes stock?

As others said, check the torque boxes and for rust. Nice car. Let us know what you decide.

Don't ask. At that price he will be willing to meet you at a garage convenient to both of you and allow it to be lifted in the air and inspected with a fine tooth comb. Drive the car, look in the trunk, pull up the pad and look in the spare tire well. Pull a door sill plate and look under the carpet.
You are pay'n a premium price for an automobile that may or may not be a premium example. If he balks at the inspection pass it up. He should have any documentation as to miles, work done, equipment installed/updated.
Do you know what a tremac trans looks like? Can you tell if it shifts different than a t5 with a aftermarket shifter?
You pay that kind of money for that car you better know what you are doing. Sharks are in the water when it comes to 'sports' type cars and there is a sucker born every minute, I would hate to see you get took by someone that is out to make a buck off you.
The car may be a fine example of automotive craftsmanship, if it is than the seller will not mind a thorough inspection.
Can you tell I don't like sharkes?

Reactions: 1 user
Don't ask. At that price he will be willing to meet you at a garage convenient to both of you and allow it to be lifted in the air and inspected with a fine tooth comb. Drive the car, look in the trunk, pull up the pad and look in the spare tire well. Pull a door sill plate and look under the carpet.
You are pay'n a premium price for an automobile that may or may not be a premium example. If he balks at the inspection pass it up. He should have any documentation as to miles, work done, equipment installed/updated.
Do you know what a tremac trans looks like? Can you tell if it shifts different than a t5 with a aftermarket shifter?
You pay that kind of money for that car you better know what you are doing. Sharks are in the water when it comes to 'sports' type cars and there is a sucker born every minute, I would hate to see you get took by someone that is out to make a buck off you.
The car may be a fine example of automotive craftsmanship, if it is than the seller will not mind a thorough inspection.
Can you tell I don't like sharkes?
I haven't read anything about an asking price except "make offer" and the guy allegedly has $20k in to this car he's selling. Good advice though

I haven't read anything about an asking price except "make offer" and the guy allegedly has $20k in to this car he's selling. Good advice though
Also, get a look at the title, most I've seen have a date for last sale, sharks (brokers) usually will leave the title open, last owner signed off but not rigistered.

If it runs nice, does not smoke out the tailpipes, and is as clean as it looks in the pics, that would be a $10k+ car here in Iowa all day long. Rust free cars are hard to come by here, and that is a clean low mile example. Check the fluids, make sure they are all clean and not mixed together (failing head gaskets/overheating from the blower). Let it run at idle for 15-20 mins and make sure it doesnt try to over heat.