• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

need pulley advice on a EFI 5.0 in a '65 stang

  • Thread starter Thread starter natejones75
  • Start date Start date Feb 20, 2004
N

natejones75

New Member
Oct 21, 2003
58
0
0
Evansville, IN
Feb 20, 2004
#1
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #1
I am converting my 65mustang convertible (I-6 / 3 speed manual) to a 1990 EFI 5.0 / 5 speed, computer and all. Here is my question... How can I eliminate the A/C and the power steering out of the serpentine pulley system? what parts will I need? How does this affect the computer and how can this be fixed??
 

12sec67

Active Member
Oct 6, 2003
1,301
1
36
San Diego, Ca
Feb 20, 2004
#2
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #2
serp. system is far better than the old style v-belt. they sell kits to delete all those unwanted pieces. try www.marchperf.com.
 

12sec67

Active Member
Oct 6, 2003
1,301
1
36
San Diego, Ca
Feb 20, 2004
#3
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #3
serp. system is far better than the old style v-belt. they sell kits to delete all those unwanted pieces. try this site... www.marchperf.com
 

65conv50

New Member
Jan 8, 2003
290
0
0
Greenville, South Carolina
Feb 20, 2004
#4
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #4
natejones75 said:
I am converting my 65mustang convertible (I-6 / 3 speed manual) to a 1990 EFI 5.0 / 5 speed, computer and all. Here is my question... How can I eliminate the A/C and the power steering out of the serpentine pulley system? what parts will I need? How does this affect the computer and how can this be fixed??
Click to expand...

I put a 5.0 and EFI in my '65 convertible. I just deleted what I didn't want (like unbolted and tossed them). Then I measured around the pulleys and went to my friendly local NAPA and got the correct length serpentine belt. No effect on computer, as it is all electronic. No parts needed. (I chose to leave the A/C compressor, however, as I may add Air cond later. It doesn't cost you anything in power, as the clutch is always open.)
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
522
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
S
Preparation for Holley Terminator X install – Foxbody 306 (electrical fan, alternator, MSD Ignition, etc)
  • So_Flo
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 4, 2026
General karthief
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
455
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
For Sale Unmodified 1992 Summer Edition 5.0 Mustang - 97k miles - $23k
  • folky15
  • Apr 15, 2025
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
1
Views
1K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Jul 27, 2025
Ricomondo
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
439
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?