• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

need quick help

  • Thread starter Thread starter 95stangGT
  • Start date Start date Oct 8, 2004
9

95stangGT

Founding Member
Jan 13, 2002
513
0
0
Buffalo, NY
Oct 8, 2004
#1
  • Oct 8, 2004
  • #1
Well this saturday is my local tracks last official type of test and tune night. My car has been out of commission for a year now. So I really wanna get out there to see the progress with the mods I have put on before I add more this winter. I just need some quick opinions and answers to help me prepare tommarrow.
First off it is a stock 1995 5.0 with a PTK street kit. Turbo is a garret T67 with a .6 bar wastegate which equals 8.75 psi. I got 42lb injectors and a 88mm Pro-M mass air. Only other mod are ASP under drive pullies. For exhaust I have a flowmaster catback and a MAC prochamber. Here is my first problem now. The prochamber will not bolt up to the y-pipe. So I was wondering if I would be able to get away with running open y-pipe at the track? Or if it really isn't a good idea I could haul it to Mufflerman and have them either modify the prochamber, or just make me two pipes to connect the y-pipe to the catback. Opinions?
Second problem. Car has only been idled and is not registered or insured. Would driving around in a circle around a pretty open parking lot allow the computer to relearn its settings?
Third question. The car has stock timing. What should I have the timing set at?
Fourth question. I called PTK today and they told me there is something on my throttle body that needs to be blocked off?? Anyone know what where this is becuase I couldn't see anything. Blocked of the nipple on the valve cover and on the compressor, but they said there is one on the throttle body also.
If you guys could help answer my questions I'd really appreciate it. It's been so long since I drove the car that I'm pretty anxious to see what it runs now. Best run to date is a 9.73@73mph. Any estimates on what it should run now? Thanks again
 
S

steviebee

New Member
Feb 25, 2002
46
0
0
Oct 8, 2004
#2
  • Oct 8, 2004
  • #2
Driving around in the parking lot will not get much for your computer to "learn".
 

HoofnIt

Founding Member
Jan 8, 2001
1,175
0
36
North Carolina
Oct 8, 2004
#3
  • Oct 8, 2004
  • #3
New turbo without a tune is asking for trouble IMHO, especially on with our finicky computers. I would start with the timing a little on the low side as detonation is your ENEMY. I am not aware of any vacuum lines on the 94/95 throttle bodies, but I could be wrong.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
195
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
G
Need tuning help with 4100 Carburetor
  • Gary’s 67
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
190
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Aug 22, 2026
manicmechanic007
L
Engine 85 GT Excessive Idle
  • lutzkecj
  • Sep 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
207
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 21, 2026
86HO5.0
8
L
Is catback worth it over axle backs?
  • Lorencarson
  • May 15, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
750
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 15, 2025
89ripper
S
Need help asap
  • shaggyman65
  • Dec 24, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
287
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 24, 2025
shaggyman65
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?