Need selling advice

95Nelson

May 7, 2003
DeWitt, MI
I was in a car accident (not my Mustang) in mid March which totalled out my minivan and my right ankle. I hope to drive soon, but with a cast on my right foot, I can only use my left foot. My 95 GT vert is a stick, so I don't think I'll be driving it any time soon. My wife and I have been talking about selling my vert (which is only driven 6 months of the year here in Michigan) and her PT Cruiser and buying an 05 GT with an auto trans. Then we would just have 2 cars instead of 3.

What I need advice on is this, I have some mods on my 95 and I don't know if it would be better to sell it as is with the mods, or take them off to sell them seperately. Here are the mods I talking about:
1 - Tires & wheels
2 - Fluiddyne radiator
3 - Pillar mounted boost & fuel pressure gages (it's no longer supercharged)
4 - Bullitt suspension (this would take some real effort to change back to stock)
5 - Bassani X-pipe with cats
6 - Custom chip

I cannot change the tremec 3550 as my t-5 was broken and I don't think it would be worth the effort to change the fuel pump (255 lph) for the stock one.

In some ways I hate to let my baby go as I have owned it since 1997, but then again the idea of having an 05 sounds good to me. :nice:

Thanks again for your advice - I really appreciate it. :hail2:

Brian

• Sponsors (?)

Come on now. Just drop me a quick note. Do you think someone would pay more for my car with the mods (would you?), or do you think it's I'll get about the same $$$ with or without the mods - in which case I might as well take off what is reasonable to do so and then sell those parts seperately. :shrug:

PLEASE give me your opinion. :hail2:

Thanks in advance for your help. :nice: :nice:

Brian

punestang said:
How many miles are on the car. Condition?

Mods may help in this case, not sure though.

It has just over 70k miles on it and as stated, it's my baby. Never seen a winter in 8 years, no accidents, heck I don't even drive it that hard that often. Only been to the drag strip once. Never had it over 150 mph - did that once, and one time to 130 (with the top down) - vacuum sucked a cup right out of the cup holder on that one. :banana:

There's a few stone chips and a rub mark on the front bumper, but other than that, it's really clean.

I was pretty much leaning towards taking off 1, 2 & 3 as suggested. I thought I'd price it using Kelly Blue Book - Private Party Value, add a reasonable amount for the mods still on the car, then negotiate from there. We're just now entering prime time for selling a convertible. I'll also have it professionally detailed.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions. I appreciate your responses and ideas.

THANKS!!! :hail2: