need serious help somebody please

armyjon

Oct 29, 2006
engine quits running after 10-15 min

Ok here it is. Just installed new 40 over block with speed pro pistons, moly rings, clevite bearings and trickflow stage 1 cam, as i don't have the money for new heads at the moment they got a 3 way valve job and I had them milled. Factory intake and exhaust and will have brand new injectors tomorrow from ford racing since my #6 is failing. The problem is the car dies after about 10- 15 minutes of running have installed brand new distributor stator, new coil and new module at the same time and still have the problem. There is no faltering no surging it just dies instantly even if im driving. I can hear the fuel pump running when i try to restart the car after it dies and i have spark but it just won't start. Ideas anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

I guess you didn't have this problem before? And it runs fine up until the time it dies? It just instantly cuts out?

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If you have spark, then it's most likely a fuel issue. Maybe your fuel pump gets hot and can't pump enough...perhaps it's pumping a little, but not enough, so the car dies?

I look at it like this:

If it runs fine and all of the sudden dies out of nowhere, then the timing is most likely fine. Even if it's off a little, I see no reason for it to matter more after 10-15 min. of driving. Additionally, if it runs fine before and has spark when you try to restart, then it doesn't appear to be a spark issue.

All that's left is fuel. You can buy a temporary fuel pressure gauge (not mounted to the fuel rail) at autozone for like $20-25 and test your fuel pressure when it runs fine at start up and then after it dies test it again and compare.

You replaced the TFI module, right?

I had the same problem. After chasing it with a bunch of parts ($$$), it turned out to be the computer.
Run the codes and see what you get. I couldn't get codes which led to swapping the computer.
Good luck! ;)