Need some feedback on a possible look for my stang

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. I recently bought an '04 Shadow Grey Mustang GT, and I'm starting to modify and personalize it. I know for sure it's going to get Roush side exhaust and hypercoated FR500 wheels, and I put a Mach 1 chin spoiler on it, but beyond that I'm still up in the air. One look I am considering is similar to the Mach 1 styling. I'm thinking about maybe a black rear spoiler, black hood decal in front of the scoop, and a black scoop to replace my stock one. What do you guys think? I'm not one to try and pass it off as a mach, or like the guys who put cobra emblems on any mustang and think it's cool, but I love the classic boss/mach look on mustangs. I think it could look clean, classy, and nice, but I just don't want it to be tacky or targeted for total flaming.

• Sponsors (?)

Nah, no rice. I am pretty set on wanting side exhaust, the look just gives me a woody lol.... I'm tempted to save up for a shaker hood system, but I plan on a roushcharger, so I wouldn't be able to use it anyway once that was on. I'm thinking my Mach 1 chin spoiler, a Mach 1 grille delete, vinyl hood decal for hood stripe, black hood scoop, black spoiler, Roush side skirts with exhaust, Roush rear valences (to cover stock exhaust cutouts), Ford Racing rear bumper blackout, CDC honeycomb taillight panel, stainless bumper inserts, vinyl "MUSTANG GT" rocker stripes, black rear spoiler, and FR500 18x9 and 18x10 hypercoated rims, lower the car, and look damn sexy...

Side exhaust is ok, but I just dont like the big, bulky roush sideskirts, especially if you dont have the rest of the roush bodykit. The hypercoated FR500 wheels are a good idea, along with a satin black rear spoiler & some kind of matching hood stripe or blackout hood. Lowering is also a must, along with the Mach chin spoiler & grille delete. Good luck....

idk if I'm a big fan of the roush side exhaust as well. It looks great on a roush or mity's car with the full kit, but if you don't pair it up right, it'll "weigh down" the side visuals of your car. just my $0.02 though!

And just to clarify, you can put any panels you want on your car, just don't advertise wrongfully with any badges or wording. :nice:

wingless, deep dish bullitts and lower it with a mach1 chin and grill :)

grouppicsrolling11.jpg

grouppicsrolling12.jpg

DSC_0096Large.jpg

DSG FTW!

Go with dark tinted windows, your hypercoated FR500's, chin spoiler, rear spoiler delete, 3" cowl hood, side exhaust (round tips instead of the rectangular ones). Lower it slightly more in the front for a raked look, and have 315's out back. Be mean as hell looking.

Oh, if it were me, I wouldn't put any stripes or vinyl on there anywhere. Don't ruin the meanness of DSG by covering it up. And while I love the look of a Mach....I think its more fun to do something different.

Well, here's what I'm now thinking:
Mach 1 vinyl matte black hood blackout decal-done
Ford Racing logo matte black rear bumper Roush style blackout-done
Mach 1 chin spoiler-done
Mach 1 grill delete-to be done soon
satin black hood scoop-tbd
satin black wing-tbd
"mustang gt" matte black rocker stripes-tbd
Hypercoated FR500s 18x9 and 18x10-tbd DAMN SOON!
CDC honeycomb taillight panel-tbd
Stainless steel rear bumper inserts-tbd
Mustang logo 3rd brake light cover-done
BBK progressive rate lowering springs-done
Baer Eradispeed rear brakes-tbd
FRPP 2000 Cobra R front brakes-tbd-I know it's more performance, but brakes can look damn sexy on a nice car...
some kind of catback with rear exit pipes-tbd- I don't want the hassles of side exhaust, and I want full length subframes.
Billet trunk lock trim-tbd
shorty billet antenna-tbd
mirror fade tint-tbd
Smoked taillights-tbd

And don't worry guys, I'm so so so against false advertising, it is and will be a GT forever, I just want that look I love.