Need some Headunit help!!

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
posted this in sound shop but I figured I'd get more responses here.

My head unit, a Kenwood KDC-419 just stopped working. Someone broke into my car and ripped my HU out of the dash, it was hanging out by about an inch(good thing I keep the faceplate in my pocket though) so I supposed ripped wires. I took it out, resoldered EVERY connection and plugged it back in. Still nothing, the ground are all good, the fuse is good, and the harness that is detachable from the HU in the back is getting power. So what could it be, I hope its not that I have to buy a new HU. What do you guys think? Oh and should the circuit board be visible? I never eally took notcie before, but the board seems to be out like 1/56 of an inch lol so its not tooo noticeable, but its there.

• Sponsors (?)

68torinogt said:
check the wires to see if they are pulled apart, if so put them back together.

i always use the installation kit and i also like to solder the connections unlike most people
this is what Idid, I bought the harness for like 5 bucks or whatever and soldered the wires from the HU to it, all perfect, all the power and gorund ones just redone, the grouns is good and so is the power... Im fugged aren't i lol

well ****, its my head unit then, just talked to my dad and he feels pretty bad(I just got it last year from my sister) and since it got broken into, he said he has a bunch of discover points saved up that I can use for gift cards for a new head unit, any suggestions? I am going to the discover site now to see where I can use the points and find a decent alpine or other head unit.

He said he checked all his connections and he soldered wires, so I would assume its not all plug and play, but every kenwood I have seen has had the same connector and wiring so to minimize effort I would just get another kenwood.